Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loverlily Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2014, 08:03 PM
    Poems
    Hello, I've been trying to wrtite a 15 line poem for my english class but I'm really bad at writing poems. This poem is suppose to be about life and it needs to have personification a simile and a metaphor. Can you please help me out.
    Thanks
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 29, 2014, 08:16 PM
    Unfortunately this is the type of work you have to do on your own. You can post what you have written and we can give you advice based on that. However, we cannot write the poem for you. If we did then it wouldn't be your work you were handing in, would it?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 29, 2014, 09:06 PM
    A poem about life is pretty vague. First, decide what part of life and your feelings about it that you want to write about--something you feel strongly about--school or family or caring for a pet or having a bad cold or how you feel when you get mad or upset about something (am guessing any of those ideas would work). Then, write a story about that idea. Set it up so it is 15 lines. I'm guessing this poem can be free verse (or does it have to rhyme?). Next, look at what you wrote and work in personification, a simile, and a metaphor (you know what those are, right?). Now, read the whole thing several times to determine if it sounds lyrical. If it has to rhyme, that's extra work you will have to do to think of ending words on each line that rhyme.

Writing poetry can be hard work sometimes, and like Cat1864 said, only you can write this out of your own experience.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 30, 2014, 05:31 AM
    Have you ever hurt someone you care about very much?
    A few mean words, and everything changed...

Do you have dogs and cats?
    I could compare their differences all day.

Do you wonder about the amount of beauty and joy in the world, side by side with intense tragedy and grief? A flower somehow grows out of a crack in a crumbling sidewalk in a slum. A baby survives an airplane crash, a tsunami...

Start a few lines and come back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the best way to get my poems read at... [ 0 Answers ]

http://lovejoey-poems.blogspot.com Also how does one turn a poem into a song?

My poems all under my first poem [ 0 Answers ]

I guess I goofed and listed them all together under MY FIRST POEM.

Lyric poems [ 1 Answers ]

I need a lyric poem

I need the analysis of these poems, [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all, How are you? I'm an English literature student , and this semester I have these poems 4 studying Can you help me :D I'm looking for the analysis of: Youth and age by Coleridge Youth and age by Byron Meeting at night by Browning Plzzzzzzz any explanition of them will be great

I have these poems. [ 5 Answers ]

And I don't think they're very good. Could people please read them and tell me if they are good? I appreciate any constructive criticism but if your one of those people who just like to insult other peoples work and be mean then don't even bother to read my poem or anser and tell me if it is good...

View more questions Search