Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Klane1220 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2014, 08:58 AM
    Bank Account
    I live in Walton KY - my checking account was recently attached by a creditor - because of my friend who is on my account - the money in the account is my weekly pay.. can they take my money because of the other person
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 29, 2014, 09:00 AM
    Yes. As long as that person is listed as an owner of the account and they have a judgment against him, then they can attach the whole account. You can try going to court and ask that the freeze be lifted by proving the funds in the account are solely yours. And then take him off your account.

Were you aware he had a judgment against him?
    Klane1220 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2014, 09:04 AM
    No I didn't know about the judgment until my account went overdrawn by this.. & the number the bank gave me for this attorney won't answer or return my calls.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 29, 2014, 09:24 AM
    And why should he? He executed a valid writ. You need to get the docket number off the writ served on your bank and file to vacate the attachment based on it not being the other guys money. HE should reimburse you.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2014, 01:09 PM
    Check your state rules and judgments, you have be able to remove

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My bank account got red flag I need my money who can I call for the bank to relase it [ 6 Answers ]

I have a over sea investment account that I have had for many years now. I am in some financial problem and need to liquidate that account. It a very large some of money. I got the account wire transfer to my bank account. I knew the bank would red flag it because of the large amount but now it...

Transfer funds from my foreign bank account to my USA bank account [ 1 Answers ]

I am planning to transfer over $12,000 funds from my foreign bank account to my USA bank account. Would IRS tax me for the transfer amount even though it is my life time saving. TARO

Bank has frozen my bank account and they say me that it's a lottery fraud suspense acc [ 2 Answers ]

Bank has frozen my bank account and they say me that it's a lottery fraud suspense account,but the story is that I had an advertisement agency which is unregistered and the people who work for me pays me the registration fees as 2000/3500/5000/7000 respectively and we pay them cash for their work...

Is bank account a real type of account or personal account [ 2 Answers ]

Types of account are three types that is real account,nominal account and personal account.I need to know, is bank account a real account or personal nature. Please also need to know about type of accountprovision for bad debt and provision for taxation

Bank account seized. Received nationwide checks for claim (in account) can these be e [ 2 Answers ]

Small claims ct. seized bank account. Want to vacate nationwide claim checks for house repair from storm and vandalizim (can these be exempt funds?)

View more questions Search