Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanda guzman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2014, 12:58 AM
    Birth mother don't want her name on birth certificate can she put her mother on
    OK my daughter is pregnant she is 16 but she don't want to get an abortion or give it to a stranger she want to give it to me her mom... OK can she put me on birth certificate as soon as the baby is born she don't want her name on it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 29, 2014, 03:22 AM
    No. She cannot name you as the mother on the birth certificate. This is a legal document and she is the legal mother unless or until there is a legal adoption naming the adoptive mother as the legal parent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I put my name on my child's birth certificate without the child mother? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm in a situation where my child's mother does not want to be apart of my sons life but she won't go with to put my name on his birth certificate and I can not enroll my son in any programs until I'm able to put my name on his birth certificate. I tried Legal Aid for legitimation in Cobb County...

The mother does not want the father on the birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

If the mother of the child does not want the father on the birth certificate is there anything that the father can do to her?

Correct mother's name in birth certificate [ 6 Answers ]

Please can you direct me to the right source to solve my problem? My birth certificate is from Syracuse, New York, which I recently received a certified copy from Vital Chek. The problem is with my mother€™s name on my birth certificate, which reads, Irma B. Bueno€. On my mother€™s...

My sons name is not been put on the birth certifecate.. mother put down father unknown [ 5 Answers ]

Can my son get his name put on his child's birth certifecate... The mother has put down father unknown when she knows his the father... being a first time grand mother it hurts... can the mother do this and lie Many thanks Elaine

Changing mother's last name on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 11 weeks pregnant, and the father and I are together, but not married. If we marry after the baby is born, can I have my last name changed on the baby's birth certificate? We live in TN.

View more questions Search