Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robinn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 10:03 PM
    Concrete block steps
    I have contracted a garden firm to build a concrete block wall and curved steps. I don't think they know what they are doing as the blocks are sitting on the dirt and are very narrow. How should they go about this?
    robinn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 10:04 PM
    I have contracted a garden firm to build a concrete block wall and curved steps. I don't think they know what they are doing as the blocks are sitting on the dirt and are very narrow. How should they go about this?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Please see the following links:

Concrete Block Retaining Wall

It looks like they should be on sand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a french door in concrete block [ 3 Answers ]

I’m thinking about installing a new French door in by basement. My question is what is the best way to attaché to the door to the concrete block? Should I cut the opening to the required rough opening size and attach the door directly to the block. Or should I make the opening larger, and frame the...

Power activated tool and concrete block [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone had any experience using a PAT .22 caliber like a Remington or Ramset PAT to drive nails into concrete block? I don't know if the block is hollow or filled. I am looking to attach baseboard and furring strips, so maybe using 1 1/2" nails.

Concrete Block Wall Construction [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking at putting in a cinder block wall (50' x 6'). It is in Calif. And in a no freeze area. What is needed for the footing? Depth, width, filler, and re-bar? I think that it needs to be 12" deep and 16" wide with 6" of crushed rock as the base, not sure on the re-bar requirement. How...

Fixing Concrete Steps - Front Porch [ 3 Answers ]

It appears that the front step on my house has settled and dropped about 6 - 8 inches from where it was originally attached to the front of the house. The house is about 20 years old with a slanted front yard and this took place long before we moved in. Originally my plan was to just add another...

Is Romex allowed over concrete block? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a detached building with a block foundation. On the inside, the top of the blocks is about 4" above the concrete floor. The walls are aligned with the outside of the 8" wide block therefore there is a 4" wide shelf (top of the blocks) that runs along the perimeter of the building. I used...

View more questions Search