Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    halerac88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2014, 11:42 AM
    Supervisor wants to meet with me
    My supervisor has been trying to schedule a meeting with me and finally we have one scheduled for this week. She informed me that it is just to see and ask how I am doing, however I am nervous that I might be terminated. I communicate with her on a daily basis we have a lovely work relationship and I am also on the schedule for the next several months so am I just overreacting?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 27, 2014, 11:49 AM
    There is no way for us to know if you're overreacting to this because we don't know you, your work, or your employers....

What I can tell you is that worrying about it will not solve anything. Whatever is going to happen, will happen whether you worry or not. Why put yourself through the stress of worrying?

Aside from all that...do you feel you have done something that would cause a termination? In most cases, a company will not try to set up an appointment with you to terminate you...they will decide you're done and tell you and that's it...no appointment necessary.

If your supervisor treats you well and you do what you're supposed to do, and she says it's only a meeting to talk to you...then I would just take her at her word on that...so why worry?
    halerac88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2014, 12:23 PM
    @odinn7 I have just started working at a new facility. I have made several minor mistakes but so far everyone tells me that I have been doing great given the limited amount of training that I have received. I just wanted someone else's perspective so thank you!
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 27, 2014, 12:38 PM
    I think you'll be ok.

Also, I am not sure what kind of place you're working at but I have worked at a few places that wanted to talk to me after a month or 2 just to see how I was fitting in.

Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disrespect for Supervisor [ 2 Answers ]

A long-time employee (17yrs) has been rude, short and defensive with her peers, supervisors and patients for most of her tenure. Her poor behavior continues on a weekly basis and most recently she has been disrespectful of me as her supervisor. I am the practice manager and 9/12 she was demoted...

Can my supervisor divulge personal medical information to her supervisor and HR? [ 5 Answers ]

HIPPA Law in CO as it relates to substance abuse I took a two week absences from work to detox my body from alcohol and seek counseling from a CD Counselor. I work as a dental assistant at a prestigious university . I shared this information with my direct supervisor (the dentist) and asked...

In what movie does a young girl meet a man online, they meet, go to his place, and [ 1 Answers ]

And she ends up cutting off his penis?

Jealousy with his supervisor [ 2 Answers ]

Hi again, My husband and I have been married for 2 months now but we've known each other for quiet a while.. Lately we have had some discussions and our disagreements(which marriage doesnt) but last week though he had mentioned something that really bothered me and still does till this day.. Even...

View more questions Search