Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coopdog40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2014, 06:55 AM
    Leasing Home
    When two people sign a lease on a home, does it make a difference who's name is put on it first or are they both equal to the lease agreement, because I sign a lease with my wife and her name is on there first and she doesn't work and I pay all the bills and when information comes for payment or anything concerning the home, my name is nowhere to be found only her name, does that make her the prime owner of the lease?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2014, 07:03 AM
    Both equally liable, unless other wise stated in the lease.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jan 26, 2014, 12:24 PM
    There is no prime owner of the lease unless the lease specifically says so. The fact that her name appears first means nothing as long as both of you are listed on the lease as tenants and both of you signed the lease.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 26, 2014, 12:38 PM
    It could just be laziness on the part of the landlord. Have you asked that bills be sent in both names?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home wiring diagram 1962 conner moblie home electrical [ 2 Answers ]

Mobile home electrical wiring diagram for a 1962 conner mobile home

If a Home Health Nurse has her spouse drive her to her patient\'s home (home visits) [ 5 Answers ]

If a Home Health Nurse has her spouse drive her to her patient's home (home visits) and remains in the car during the visit... Is this a violation of HIPPA. Is this a violation of title 22 regulation

Own home, rent lot, can teen son's behavior get me evicted and lose home? [ 10 Answers ]

I own a modular home but rent the lot it sits on in a mobile home community. My 16 yr old son was supposedly seen smoking pot on the property by an employee. Can I be evicted? If they did see my son with drugs, shouldn't the police have been notified? How do I protect myself and my home? I live in...

Leaseing office refusing to take personal check [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I live in California and have been leasing an apartment for 4 years (1 year lease terms started 2003). My lease is up May 31,2007. I gave my 30 day notice in writing, along with a check for the month of May in advance on April 20th. In the 4 years I have been late twice due to returned checks...

View more questions Search