Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    11Longbeach11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2014, 04:38 AM
    Moving to the US to be with my son
    Hi, I am an Australian and have a child with a US citizen. We were married for eight years and are now divorced. We divorced on good terms without lawyers etc and are still friends and neither of us has new partners. She says that she wants to take our son back to the US to live and would like it if I could also go there to live so I can be a part of his life. Is it possible for me to also go to the US to support my son? He is three years old.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 26, 2014, 04:50 AM
    Go to the US Immigration website. I think you need to be able to show that your occupation skills are needed, unless she can sponsor you.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 27, 2014, 02:18 PM
    Your status is divorce, so you may have to get US visa in categories other than family/spouse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving out of state with son [ 3 Answers ]

If I move out of Texas with my child will I get in trouble for it, the father and I have a verbal child support agreement although he does not pay. No legal action has been made inforcing who is the custodial parent and we had our son out of wedlock. I plan on moving in the next few months if I go...

Moving out of Texas with my son [ 6 Answers ]

Im am going to move back with my family to Michigan for a bit, but I am going to take my son with me.. His father and I never went to court for our custody issues. We just have a verbal agreement on when he sees our son.. Usually it's every weekend. My question is I am moving from Texas to...

Moving my son out of Texas [ 9 Answers ]

My son will be 2 years old this month. His father and I were never married. We went to a mediation at the district attorneys office to establish visitation and child support. I have sole custody of my son and he has visitation if hrs that he rarely uses (maybe once a month) he hardly asks about his...

Moving my son out of state [ 1 Answers ]

Can I legally move my son out of state at the age of 16 without his fathers approval? My son and I want to move to Wisconsin and we currently live in California near his father.

Son moving out with my stuff [ 60 Answers ]

Son moved back home 4 years ago with his wife and kids.told us he would help with bills 1,200 a mo. No money for 1 year now. Wanted to build addition for kids room put up the shell. Now the wife is mad and is moving out with stove they took mine out dishwasher they threw mine out. And they want me...

View more questions Search