Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vidhirathore49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2014, 12:13 AM
    very bad presence of mind
    I have got very bad presence of mind. When I am around many people, and have to perform some task, I make mistakes, like forgetting something too silly. My friends tell me to have presence of mind. That may be because of my lack of concentration. Or may be nervousness. I do not know. What can I do about it? Please help! I will be grateful.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2014, 03:27 AM
    What type of tasks, how many people ?

Is it a task you can write down the steps and follow it ?

Are you trying to impress, do you worry about what they think ?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2014, 05:55 PM
    I think this could also be stated as staying in the moment. Focus in what you are doing right now, not what you are going to do later. Listen to what people are saying instead of thinking about what you are going to say in response next. I have a son with ADHD and he developed intentional habits to stay in the moment .

For example, keep a list of what you need to attend to . Do one thing at a time. If you are interrupted with another thing, either by someone else or your own thought, add it to your list and continue what you were doing until it's done. When one task is done, look at your list and choose the next highest priority and urgent item and do that until it is done . Do not jump from one activity to another until the first one is done.

Also establish habits with your belongings. If you lose things like car keys or your wallet , establish one place where you will always keep them. I always put my purse and keys in the same place in my home, and the same place at work do I never have to look for them. At the grocery store and other places I go often, I generally park right in the same area so I don't have to remember where I have parked. Most people who are good with details have a lot if routine habits to eliminate the need to think about mundane , predictAbke things.

Pay attention when you transition from one place or activity to the next. If it's a business meeting or class, make sure that before you leave, you have all your belongings , and have clear notes about what you committed to do. In a class, this might be your homework assignment details. At work, maybe you have a new project deadline or owe someone some infirmation.

Also cut down distractions. If you are talking to someone , put your phone away, turn off the TV, take out your headphones. It sounds like your friends feel that you are distracted. Many people are on their smart phones constantly. Turn it off and put it in your pocket if you are in a meeting or class, in a social situation, at work, at dinner, etc and you can check it when you are free and alone again later.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 27, 2014, 06:09 PM
    This might also be because you think you are the center of attention, that people are much more aware of you than they are. You don't realize that they are mostly concerned with themselves, their own problems and tasks and worries. Make an effort to think of THEM and not your awareness of yourself and what they might be thinking of you. This is a carryover from childhood. Children really do think they are the center of everything. No need to be nervous if you realize that no one cares about you at most moments in time, right? Practice it. No one is even noticing you most of the time!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Presence of mind [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! What are the ways through which I can improve my presence of mind?:)

Presence of mind [ 1 Answers ]

My concentrate rate is low and how can I increase my presence. Any best tip

Presence of mind [ 1 Answers ]

how to increase the presence of mind while doing our duties

Presence of mind [ 2 Answers ]

How do I improve presence of mind?

Is my presence of mind is bad? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Problem with me is, I am not able deliver my valuable points when I am questioned by others or while in meeting or discussion and many occasions.But, I use to say myself "If i had told that or this point,It would have been really good".Is this because of my presence of mind is less?? Or...

View more questions Search