Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jollytga Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2014, 11:00 PM
    My PC won't display on my monitor
    As far as I can tell they are both working perfectly. I am not getting any beep codes telling me anything is wrong.

It connected and worked fine yesterday, before I took my PC to my mates place. I did not take the monitor, I used his TV.

The monitor is recognizing the PC. When I remove the cable from the PC it displays on screen "check cables" but when I put them back in still nothing happens.

I do 'Not' have another monitor to check the monitor, but the monitor seems to be in full working condition anyway.

The ports on the PC are fine as well so I'm really confused.

The PC is also newly built with all new parts. I have also checked the power cables to see if anything became loose but nothing.

Can anyone help me?
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

Jan 28, 2014, 03:43 PM
    What type of connector are you using (i.e. VGA, DVI, HDMI)? Does the monitor display anything when it first turns on like the BIOS loading screen? You can try reseating your CMOS battery to clear out BIOS settings to see if that does anything.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Feb 3, 2014, 09:50 AM
    Try going into safe mode and adjust your graphics back to what your monitor can use. Your mates TV may have caused changes to your settings that your monitor can't handle. 60Hz instead of 120 Hz widescreen versus standard etc..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ibm thinkpad T42 homescreen display, won't display the opening screen desktop. [ 0 Answers ]

I have know access for any use on the laptop because Im locked out of the computer. Sometimes when I turn on the computer it won't have its backlight supporting the page that its suppose to show when its loading. If it turn on with the back light my home screen appears. It doesn't give me any icons...

Monitor flickers green, but won't display anything. So I can't even get to the BIOS [ 1 Answers ]

Monitor flickers green, but won't display anything. So I can't even get to the BIOS

No Monitor Display [ 4 Answers ]

My friends PC, running W98, will no longer have a display. She has tried plugging in two other monitors with the same result... nothing. She says she may have messed up something while in safe mode. Any thoughts? Thanks.

No display in monitor [ 2 Answers ]

Hello friends. Me, Sankha again faced a new problem. The problem is that my monitor have no display. It works fine but suddenly form today it stop displaying. Now the monitor display nothing. What happen: 1. Cpu fan runs. 2. CD DVD rom runs HD also spins. 3. The power led & HD led...

Monitor display [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, After my son aged 8 finished using the computer the screen display was rotated 90 degrees. He was playing an on line game. I have been into the control panel and then display but nothing seems to rotate the display back and my neck is now hurting. The computer is a Dell Dimension 3000...

View more questions Search