Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lch1589 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Only one week!
    I have 6 days until spring break.. and I'm not overweight but I've noticed that I've become a little bit flabby. I'm not concerned with the number on the scale, but is there any way to lose part of the flab in such short time? Its mostly just around my mid-section on my tummy and love handles.. anything I can do? Any advice is greatly appreciated, and I know not to wait until one week before vacation to try and change :(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 1, 2007, 07:39 PM
    Flab did not come in a week and it is not going to go in a week. Some of the wraps do some temp work but getting into shape is a work that takes a bit
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2007, 05:02 AM
    There's no quick fixes for the love handles and abs that you have. It's impossible to spot reduce one area, when you burn fat for energy you draw it from all areas. If your trying to lose addominal fat, use crunches, hip curves, reverse crunches. The key is resistance training, but you must train the whole body, it takes time and patience to get a flat stomach, you need proper nutrition, aerobic exercise, ab training and weight/resistance training. Jogging, biking, ellipiticals, stair climning, even walking are great fat burners. You need 30-60 minutes of exercise 4-5 times a week. Anyone can lose weight fast with pills, diets drinks, even wraps but it doesn't mean lowering body fat percentage, with rapid losses a large percentage is from fluid loss which you can regain, quickly. Fluid is lost from cells as the body burns remaining stores of carbs in the muscles. Yes you lose a few pounds but only a few ounces of body fat will be actually burned. Always eat natural low fat, low sugar, low sodium, low cariorie foods cut out sweets, salty and fatty foods like fast foods, and cut out presweetened drinks like soda, drink lots of water. Change from white flour products to whole grain, breads, pastas, rice and cereals, use skim, or 1-2% milk, low fat cheese and nonfat/lowfat yogurt. Smaller serving/portion sizes are really important, learn what a serving size is for what you are eating, read nutritional labels.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

21 Week Ultrasound [ 2 Answers ]

I Wanted To Know I Got An Ultrasound At 21 Weeks Of Pregnancy And They Told Me It Was A Boy For Sure , Is There Any Chance That It Could Be A Mistake, Is There A Chance It Could Be A Girl.

Is 5 week way to young? [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting a chihuahua from Mexico from a lady of a friend that breads them... She is bringing her to us at only 5 weeks old!! That is the only time that she can bring her to the untied states! I am worried for the puppies health what should I do? Please help me out cause I don't want this...

What is with this week? [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone else been having a drama-filled week? UGH I just need to rant a little bit... Too start, my ex and I have been on talking terms again.. no arguments for a while, and I was getting to like him (not in a way to get back, just seeing the guy I fell for in the begining). At one point he...

One more week [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I just had to make a new post... :rolleyes: My Dr appt went really well today. The u/s and weight assessment was about five and a half pounds for each of the babies. I'm at three cm and it really doesn't look like I'm going to be progressing into labor anytime soon... :( Sooooo... I'm going...

Is once a week enough for abs? [ 4 Answers ]

I have heard you can work your abs max 3 times a week. About 5 days ago I did a killer ab workout and my abs are still a little sore. Should I work them if they are sore? Is Once a week enough?

View more questions Search