Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 23, 2014, 02:18 PM
    Kenmore Series 80 Washer - No Agitate
    About a week ago a pipe burst behind the washer and the console for the washer got soaked. After letting it dry for several days, we are able to use the machine, but it does not agitate in "Heavy duty" or normal modes.

How can I fix it?
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2014, 06:39 AM
    Here are some manuals that will tell you what you need to know: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...c%20washer.pdf
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20washers.zip
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20Washers.zip

Jan 26, 2014, 06:41 AM
    Tom,

I got the schematic from under the control panel and it does not show "spin/agitate" solenoid.

It seems (as best I can determine) that circuit 19 is the agitate circuit and it appears to be fed from pin 2 of the balance switch?

I do hear the motor running during the wash/agitate sequence and then the drum goes into rinse ad spin properly, but no agitate in either wash or rinse sequences.

I'm wondering if may be a mechanical problem as opposed to electrical. My thinking is that if a sensor, switch or solenoid were involved, the motor would not run, at least that's the way the schematic reads.

Don

Jan 28, 2014, 10:04 AM
    Follow up-

The failure was the dog bones! It was just coincidence that the problem happened after the back of the washer was flooded.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore 500 series washer: Model # missing, No agitate, will spin and drain. Timer? [ 8 Answers ]

For the life of me I can't find a plaque or other marking besides these two numbers 8318015 & W10025400 Will fill, drain & spin, but it will not agitate. From Web searchin It sounds like a timer? I can't get a timer without the model number. Checked these with no avail Washing Machine...

Kenmore 70 series won't Agitate [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore 70 Series washer will barely move in the agitation phase. I took the cap off Of the agitator and I see that there is a white plastic ring of gear teeth that engage with 4 black items that move the agitator - or at least should move it. I can see the problem; Is this a fixable thing or...

Kenmore Series 80 will not agitate [ 1 Answers ]

This is a washer. Everything else is working as usual. It goes through all the wash cycles BUT, the agitator does not come on.

View more questions Search