Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 23, 2014, 08:24 AM
    Congestion et al.
    Good Morning,

This isn't really a serious issue but something I am curious what you're thoughts are on.

I have had somewhat chronic sinus congestion. It has been at a REALLY low level for many years. I am always a little sniffly, and my sense of smell has been somewhat muted in my opinion. A buddy of mine has been using a Neti-pot for years and claims that it's opened up his sinuses and has been really good for him. I took a claratin (decongestant) for about 2 months but didn't notice any change in my congestion level. Initially I thought it was just environmental, not hay fever or anything like that because it isn't seasonal, but I can't think of what it would be. I am not sensitive to pets, I cuddle cats and dogs with no fear. I don't think it is dust. It shouldn't be mold, we're in a newish house (17years) and a new building at work (2 years). I am at a loss.

I am curious if anyone has tried the Neti-pots or have any other thoughts on the congestion. I want to figure this out and get back a bit more of my sense of smell. It has been tragic with my scotch collection.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 23, 2014, 08:51 AM
    I've never used a neti pot. I've heard good things about them, but recently read that they can cause severe infections. https://www.google.com/#q=neti+pot+c...rain+infection

Is the air in your house moist or dry? If dry, you might consider investing in a humidifier.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 23, 2014, 09:20 AM
    The air in our house, and in the city as a whole (Calgary AB), is very dry. I have heard it being two steps away from a desert level of aridness. We don't tend to set the humidfier going though, the basement has been a little musty. That was a problem with our built in humidifier not our little stand alone one. We've been slowly drying out the basement, well as much as one can dry out an basement in winter.

That could very well be though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cough and vomiting from congestion [ 1 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma in 2000. One of the symptoms I had was congestion and vomiting from it. Well it's back, clear phlegm, caughing, vomiting, unable to go from an upright position to laying down position since it feels like the crap in my chest is moving around. I've had a PET...

Congestion [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 3 months old and woke up this morning really congested and has a fever of 99.3. Do I need to take him to the hospital or is there anything I can give him to help?

Nasal congestion [ 3 Answers ]

Hi good evening how are you? I have severe nasal congestion and can't sleep at night please help me thank you very much

Pelvic congestion syndrome [ 0 Answers ]

How comman is embolization for this as a treatmen option?

What can I do for chest congestion? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 34w2d and have been trying to get a sinus infection. Well today it has moved to my chest and I feel aweful! I've been drinking tea with honey, found some all natural halls to fight cough, and was also recommended to put Vicks Vaporub on the bottoms of my feet while I sleep. I just feel...

View more questions Search