Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronnymac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Hampton bay ceiling fan remote control
    I installed a ceiling fan 3 years back. Wiring would have been difficult as it is located in a cathedral ceiling and walls didn't have any existing electrical wires.

I used a remote control for the light and fan.

Recently, it stopped working. I changed the battery and the remote control shows it works, i.e.. Light on control lights up when button is pushed.
    But neither the fan or light works.

I checked the fuse box and nothing tripped.
    Any ideas?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 1, 2007, 06:48 PM
    Remotes and/or receivers do good bad. You can buy a Hampton universal remote with receiver for $39 at HD or a off brand for $29. Replace both units and double check the dip switches so they match. I know you said a cathedral ceiling but you should check the electrical connection before you remove the receiver just to be sure you do have power. You're one the ladder either way.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2007, 08:44 PM
    Does the fan have pullchains?

If so, remove the remote control receiver from the fan canopy and wire the fan without it. Test the fan with the pullchains, if it works as it's supposed to then replace the remote and receiver as ballenger suggested.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan remote control [ 6 Answers ]

Where does the remote sending unit actually install and fit inside the fan?

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Remote-Control Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan/Light [ 1 Answers ]

We recently did some remodeling in the house to include some electrical and since then, our downstairs remote-control Hampton Bay ceiling fans no longer work. They worked yesterday (one day after the electrician left) and now only "click". What is going on and how do we fix this problem?

Hampton Bay Thermostatic Ceiling Fan and Light Remote Control [ 2 Answers ]

We bought a Thermostatic Celing Fan and Light Remote Control to go along with a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan. The fan works great, but when we try to hook up the remote it no longer works. The remote came with no instructions. I am wondering if anyone knows how to install it, or where I can find the...

Hampton bay remote control ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Windward II 54” ceiling fan and fluorescent lamp with remote control. I replaced the original fluorescent circline lamp with a new one. Now the light won’t turn won’t stay on or dim and the fan operates properly. Any ideas?

View more questions Search