Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Juliawl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2014, 06:19 PM
    Whirlpool three door refrigerator water dripping from light on inside top
    Whirlpool French Door refrigerator Model WRF736SDAM10 Water drips from light near water filter compartment. Drawers get water in them. Water drips into freezer and forms icicles. Water runs onto floor. Water filter is not dripping. Refrigerator is only 6 months old. Ice on floor of refrigerator part. I have removed all water and ice twice but it starts again. HELP!
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2014, 11:36 PM
    It sounds like you have a stopped up drain. Remove the cover to the evaporator in the above section (after unplugging it) and wash out the drain pan and blow out the drain. Look below in the very bottom under the unit and you will find a drain pan. Make sure water drains well. Then clean out the drain pan and the coils by washing everything out with spray soap and a water hose nozzle. Vacuum up all water with a wet-vac, and make sure to clean the fan blades, too. Usually, food and meat juices get in drain line and pan and dry up and harden which stops it up. It should be an easy fix.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 23, 2014, 09:21 AM
    If it is 6 months old why not call for repair under warranty?
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2014, 06:57 AM
    If the drain is stopped up it may not be covered under warranty and I know dirty coils are not covered but will void a warranty. That is why I advise checking these out. If a drain line has come loose then of course it would be covered; however, if it drained properly when you first got it then most likely it is stopped up from food or dirt stopping up the line and could be very expensive to call Sears.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool refrigerator dripping water & freezing inside [ 9 Answers ]

Whirlpool Model ET22DKXFW00 drips water into refrigerator compartment, where it freezes (mostly) on the shelves and aggravates my wife. Following advice from applguy in thread 25243, I've cleaned up the ice in the freezer compartment, and found the drain plugged with ice. Applguy said "If ... the...

Dripping inside refrigerator [ 7 Answers ]

I recently moved into a new apartment. The frig there is decent but it leaks inside the refrigerator section. It seems that if I turn the dial up too high, my butter feezes... and if I turn it down any lower, the freezer drips into the frig. Is there anything I can do to stop this?

Water dripping inside refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Jenair refrigerator that drips on the inside. The freezer is above the fridge. Is this something I can investigae myself or should I call a repair person. The fridge is in our garage and I live in Florida where it is still like the dead of summer. Thanks dennisriv

2 month old 1,100.00 Whirlpool refrigerator dripping water on freezer side only. [ 1 Answers ]

Our problem is we have water dripping down the back wall of the freezer to the bottom tray. The water is not hitting the floor yet. Hopefully we caught it soon enough. This is happening in our new whirlpool model #ED5HGXSB00 that we bought 2-3 months ago from Best Buy. It is a side by side...

View more questions Search