Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 24, 2014, 07:42 AM
    I only deleted my page though until I feel ready to be on speaking terms with her after my feelings are gone
    Realistically, that may take years and no doubt your feelings for her may change your outlook on this. Its been my experience that after a proper healing most decide to keep moving forward and seldom go back, or even want to, with an ex. Mainly because they are busy enjoying a new healthy life and have made better connections with new people and activities that they enjoy. Look forward not back, and explore your new options and opportunities to be happy. Eventually it will happen, when you are ready.

I hope you noticed that your other posts were added to this thread and keep future ones on this subject here as one story.

It all goes back though to getting your own feelings out so that you can deal with them constructively. You are in the mourning/grieving part of the healing process. It's a lot like breaking a leg and having to learn to walk with crutches until you heal. Strange, new, and HURTFUL. You will overcome it, as you practice living in reality again. After a good cry of course. It's a life changing event that requires adjustments, so don't let the fears of the future, on your own spook you for now.

You will adjust to tomorrow, but first you deal with today. Nothing wrong though with reflecting on the past, just don't WALLOW in it.

For now, tell your heart to shut the hell up!!
    girl79 Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Feb 7, 2014, 04:48 PM
    Miss my ex
    Hi everyone.

So it's been almost 4 weeks now since my ex dumped me.
    I've been sad, angry, in complete denial, and I've now just given up all hope of her getting back with me.

I miss her.

I text her a few days ago saying I missed her and she ignored until the next day then said are u OK? I didn't know what to say to that text yesterday..

I was doing OK but I saw her yesterday at work. I talked to her work colleagues for few seconds, I was friendly to her and them, she didn't say much just stared at me smiling. It was possibly as awkward for her as for me.

I thought to myself god I wish she was ugly. Her eyes and smile just looked beautiful.

About twenty minutes past and she text me saying that I look great and she asked how I am...

I replied saying thanks and said I am OK.
    She said that's great babe, well I know you are working and can't text so have a great day OK xx

I haven't contacted her or heard from her since...
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2014, 05:00 PM
    Don't let her mess with your head. Move on. It hasn't been long. TAke what you learned and make your next relationship better. You don't want someone who quits instead of working on issues.

Feb 7, 2014, 05:19 PM
    I would take her back in a heartbeat.

It's so hard missing someone.
    pardawg45 Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Feb 17, 2014, 09:34 AM
    It is clear that she misses you too, but don't take the fact that she messaged you as indication that she wants to be back with you. Sometimes when you see an ex, it makes you want to be back with them, especially if they look like they are doing well and you are the one that initiated the break up.

Depending on how badly you want her back, I would just message her asking her how she is doing. DO NOT ask her to hang out right away, let that come with time.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 17, 2014, 10:16 AM
    It's a set back and all that contact just stirred those feelings up again. Yeah its hard missing someone and overcoming it AGAIN, but you have to start allover with the healing process. LOL,seeing an ex often leads to you contacting them, and texting is so easy nowadays. Resist the temptation though, because as you see you open the door for even more misery. You done good in person, a chance meeting, but the texting, and replying to a text has to stop.

Feb 17, 2014, 05:04 PM
    I saw her again on Friday. I just waved and continued walking with work colleagues.

Then on Sunday I get a text from her saying she has pictures of some of my family in her phone (from Christmas) and she's getting a new phone so would I like her to send them to me before she deletes them.

I didn't reply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's a good face cream that will lighten up scar on my face? [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for something not too expensive and works , I can buy in drug store please

How long honey can be keep on face with a face pak? [ 0 Answers ]

Is it harmful if I keep a facepak with honey for an hour?

I can't figure out my face shape and I want to get my hair cut to suit my face [ 5 Answers ]

The measurements of my face are: Widest part of cheekbones (cheekbone to cheekbone) - 9 inches Widest part of jaw (widest part on the left to widest part on the right) - 8 inches Widest part of forehead (" ") - 8 inches Length of face - 7 inches It says my face shape is square but it...

Should I get on a plane and find out what happened face to face? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I was in a relationship with a girl I met through World of Warcraft(pc game) for about three years until the 4/11/09 when I she ended it, over msn. She is Norwegian, I'm English. She was 16 when I met her and I was 17. I'm now 21 and she is 19. We've spent a lot of time together....

View more questions Search