Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Henriquez89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2014, 01:03 PM
    Boss taking the credit for your work
    I was asked to do a task which My boss could not do. After I did it, my boss asked to show him how to do it. In the past, I have done that for him, but He turned around and get the credit how is done.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 21, 2014, 01:06 PM
    Henriquez, do you have a question?
    Henriquez89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2014, 01:12 PM
    I always do tasks from my boss and He always asks me how I did them so He won't look bad in front of his superior. After I showed him how I did, He turns around and take the credit for doing it. Is this correct?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 21, 2014, 01:14 PM
    Maybe it's not correct but many of them do it...get used to it or stop doing it for him if you can.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2014, 01:24 PM
    I agree... its called deligation... you do the work and they take the credit. Bosses everywhere do that. Always have... always will.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 21, 2014, 01:28 PM
    I had a boss that, whenever you would suggest something to him, like a way to do something or a new process, he would say "no" and then give you a reason it wouldn't work. In meetings, he would then say essentially what I had said and it was then his idea. I learned and stopped giving him ideas.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 21, 2014, 01:53 PM
    I had a job that gave out cash awards for new ideas, and yet if anyone had one, the bosses said they weren't good ideas, and wait a week or two, and implement them themselves.
    You want to 'do' something about it? Go ahead. Plan on losing your job.
    What I would do: Keep a small notebook of what it was and when - precisely.
    When the job market improves, look around for new jobs... and go to that same boss and take the plunge. Tell him you want a raise and a promotion, and start reading from your notebook. How you handle it will either get what you want, or it will get you fired. It takes a lot of skill.
    CFZD Posts: 385, Reputation: 49

Sep 9, 2014, 07:15 PM
    One - you record what your boss did or said
    Two - look for new positions within the company first, then outside

It is an uphill battle, please don't spend too much time to fight with him or tell his boss...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 10, 2014, 06:46 PM
    This is how the business world works, hopefully as your boss moves up, you move up with him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My boss is taking credit for my work [ 8 Answers ]

I feel like a victim and even though I read many articles on the internet, I can't find a way out. I work in a very competitive environment: approximately 200 employees, 9 levels and my department includes me and my boss only. We pretty much manage 198 people. It's a lot of pressure sometimes...

Former boss still asks me to work without payment [ 2 Answers ]

I left my old office before Christmas 2011. Former boss still gives me more than 10 emails a day and asks me to work without payment. I am a foreign worker in US and had VISA, based on working with her. After working four and half years with her, I was very tired to work with her and decided to...

Country song I'm doing all the work the boss taking the credit early to mid 90's [ 1 Answers ]

In the mid to early 90's there was a country song that was requested a lot. It talked about a worker doing all the work and the boss sitting back and taking all the credit. I think it was a group that sang it or a male artist.

My boss is always drunk at work [ 5 Answers ]

My boss is always drunk at work. I have complained to his superiors, for nearly a year. I am so stressed out, it literally makes me sick to my stomach. What can be done about this situation? I need my job, but I am also tired of being sick (stressed out) all the time. Please note, the boss's...

What do you do if your boss is taking your tips? [ 2 Answers ]

I work at a restaurant and we get our tips weekly. What my boss does is supposedly "split" the tips we get from the week before to each employee. We have a piece of paper that has all the employees name on it and the hostess writes the times we work for the days that each one works and that's how...

View more questions Search