Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hjr2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2014, 05:02 PM
    Can't remove bottom water heater element. Something on the end of it, 90 degrees.
    I removed the top element with no problem. The bottom one seems to have something on the end of it prohibiting me from removing it. It something corroded but seems to be metal at a 90 degree angle. Any suggestions?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 19, 2014, 07:23 PM
    Not all elements are straight.
    Attached Images

hjr2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2014, 11:37 PM
    I suspected that. Any suggestions on getting it out or would it harm anything if I cut it and left the remainder in the tank.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 20, 2014, 06:51 AM
    would it harm anything if I cut it and left the remainder in the tank.
    Probably not. I would try squeezing things together, or just pulling real hard, it will probably straighten out.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 20, 2014, 01:31 PM
    Agree...give it a yank and as you can see by my picture, there are a few ODD shapes with these things. Be patient and you'll get it out!

Mark
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After new bottom element I no longer have water flow from hot water [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I no longer had hot water; I drained and changed the bottom element... Feeling confident I walked over to the sink and nothing, not a drip when the hot water was turned on. The cold water works. It has been four hours, and still no hot water or hot water pressure; please help thank you

My water heater has no power to bottom element but the wire does wire [ 3 Answers ]

There is power to the wires on the top and bottom of the water heater. There is power to the element on the top. No power to bottom element. The reset button does not click. There is no hot water... the breaker switch is not tripped and the water heater is new... help! [email protected]

Replacing element in water heater have to be the same watt element? [ 1 Answers ]

My water heater has 2- 4500 watt elements installed now. Went to find replacements. Could only find 3800 watt. The guy at home depot said it should not hurt just might not heat as fast. Is this correct or should I take these back?

Water heater: Should may bottom element be getting only 120volts? [ 1 Answers ]

Was getting very little hot water out my dual element 240volt WH... drained it, clean out sentiment, inspected elements I had put in a year ago - OK. When refilled & plugged in I put a tester on the elements & noticed only 120 volts on bottom element. Is this normal or should the bottom element be...

Replace a water heater 120 element with a 220 element with proper wiring [ 4 Answers ]

Can I use a 220 heating element in a 110 water heater as long as the wiring is for 220. We had a 40 gal water heater 220 volts in a weekend cabin with one shower a complete over kill. Want to replace with a 20 gal 110 water heater but to take advantage of the 220 wiring can I just swap out the...

View more questions Search