Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garboozle Posts: 139, Reputation: -5

Jan 19, 2014, 02:27 PM
    How to get on FMLA?
    I work an extremely stressful third shift job and my blood pressure levels are stage one hypertension and my resting bpm has sky rocketed to 70. I'm ashamed to admit. I've been working there for a little over a year and have no insurance. It's also worth mentioning that I have successfully bid out of this 3rd shift position and onto an easy first shift job.. The problem being it will take a couple of weeks to a couple months to replace me.. I'd really like to get moved immediately or go on FMLA for a short time until they get me replaced.. I'd really preferred it if they just moved me!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 19, 2014, 02:45 PM
    FMLA is not paid leave. FMLA is allowed for companies covered (I think its at least 50 employees). You apply for FMLA if a doctor says you need time off work. You do this through your HR dept.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 19, 2014, 03:37 PM
    You may or may not qualify. You can find out here.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/fmla-faqs.htm
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2014, 05:42 PM
    BPM? Resting beats per minute? Pulse? 70 is fine.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2014, 06:41 PM
    Also, if you go out on leave you may lose your first shiift position, they do not have to return you to where you were. Once you return from leave you may have to go to any shift available at that time.

If you are union the rules may be different

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fmla harassment [ 1 Answers ]

What is considered harassment from an employer? I'm constantly asked what medications I take, who is my doctors and even told my doctor is "dumb as ", had my employer try to write me up for pending fmla days missed. I have even been ask to bring a list of my medications in to the company nurse so...

My FMLA [ 1 Answers ]

I had to add doctor appointments to my current fmla and does this new addition cancle my current fmla?

Fmla [ 9 Answers ]

I was on approved FMLA from his employer and before my time frame was up, they (the employer) called me 7 days before I was due to return to work and fired me. Also, during this time frame I had filed a complaint against the employer for discrimmation with the DOL/EEOC. I now feel that the firing...

FMLA and Unemployment [ 1 Answers ]

I think whom eer answered my Q misunderstood. I have reached MMI and released back to full duty. Went back to doctor who said I still have a limitation of no kneeling. I can work except I can't do it in the allotted time. Now employer basically told me I was released as of now on FMLA. I don't want...

FMLA and Unemployment [ 2 Answers ]

My Q is I have been released from workers comp. Reached MMi on 12/22/2008. At that time no limitations applied. But being docotor didn't put down no kneeling I had a problem at work. I had arthroscopic knee surgery and chondroplasty. Painful to kneel. My employer called workers comp and set up...

View more questions Search