Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missky1979 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2014, 09:15 AM
    Freezer cooking
    I'm getting ready to have surgery so I'm going to make a bunch of casserole's so I can portion them out in single servings and put them in the freezer to eat while I am recovering. If I package the single servings in aluminum foil is that an OK way to freeze/store them for later use?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 18, 2014, 09:22 AM
    If you are going to heat them up in the microwave, foil is not a good idea, you can't put it in the microwave, you would have to unwrap and transfer to a container. A waste of time in my book !

You have the right idea, just use zip lok containers (not the bags, the plastic containers). For chili or stew freezing, or anything that consistency, you can use the zip lok bags.
    missky1979 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2014, 09:01 AM
    Well I don't have a ton of Tupperware so I was thinking aluminum foil and then heating it up in the toaster oven since I think u can put foil in that
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 19, 2014, 09:22 AM
    Sure, that works. I've used foil and just left it out for an hour and then it peels off. In fact, if you don't have a microwave, leave it out for 3 hours so that the toaster oven doesn't burn the outside before the inside. All those dire warnings on frozen foods about 'do not defrost' are hogwash, just to protect them from people who leave them out for 10 hours in 90 degree heat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to unclog freezer drain tubeGE Model TCD18 Bottom Mount freezer clogged drain tub [ 1 Answers ]

GE MOdel # TCE18 bottom mount freezer refrigerator has water running down back wall forming ice forming on floor of freezer. How do we access the clogged drain tubes

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: freezer cold, fridge warm. Solution! [ 0 Answers ]

Surprised! Embarrassed! My wife had accidentally covered the return vent under the bottom left drawer. I didn't catch it until much later. Thanks to any who tried to help. Bruce Hi everyone, Freezer cold. Removed freezer inside back panel. No excess frost on evaporator. Air duct...

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: freezer cold, fridge warm. [ 0 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Freezer cold. Removed freezer inside back panel. No excess frost on evaporator. Air duct to fridge seems clear. Circulating fan is running. Fridge thermostat fan is holding baffle wide open. Air exiting duct is at about 33 degrees F. Very little air comes through duct if the...

GE icemaker in freezer is squirting water inside the freezer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE side by side refrigerator with the ice and water in the door. My filter was clogged for about a week causing both the ice and water to stop working. A friend of mine came over and shook the ice bin quite violently trying to get the last bit of ice loosened up. A few days later we...

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: fridge not cold, freezer is frosty! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a slightly over a year old Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator (model #: ABR1922FES). Yesterday, I noticed that the fridge wasn't as cold as it should be, so I turned the temp control cooler, and then, as per the owner's manual, waited 24 hours for it to kick in. It didn't....

View more questions Search