Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cnichols1999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2014, 06:58 PM
    How to harness current from piezoelectric plates to charge a phone?
    Hello! We're in 8th grade and our doing a project. Our goal is to put piezoelectric plates inside a pillow and harvest the energy from the pressure of the head on the plate during the night and use it to charge a phone. However, from this point we are a little confused. We've been doing a lot of research but there's not a ton of information we've found so far and it's been conflicting. We know it would be best to experiment, but we don't want to buy unnecessary materials as we have a tight budget. So far we are think that the piezoelectric plates have wires-can't think of the technical name-that lead to a portable outlet that charges the phone. But how many amps and volts would we need? We found the number of volts necessary (we think), but not the amps. Also, we saw in some of our research about capacitors and direct vs. inverse current? Where would we get a capacitor and do we need one? How do you change a current? We have a lot of questions... any advice someone with expertise in the subject could give us on what materials we need, where to get the materials, how to build it, and the science behind it would be terrific! We are sort of new to this, so please explain any terminology:) Thanks!

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a way to harness current from a piezo-electric plate? [ 19 Answers ]

My son is trying to build a piezo-electric device using piezo-ceramics that generates enough electricity to recharge a small battery. I don't know enough about electricity nor about piezo-electrical devices so I'm reaching out to you guys to get some help. I understand that piezo devices...

Do I charge my phone before I use it or use it until the battery dies then charge it [ 6 Answers ]

I have aslways had an issue with my new phones, the battery life s always so much less compared to the specification set out by the manufacture. So I need to know, "do i charge my phone before i use it or use it untill the battery dies then charge it"?

Piezoelectric plates [ 0 Answers ]

How would you relate the force which you bang the piezoelectric plate with the voltage produced by it.. Is there any formula.

Why do I need to charge my new phone for 18 hours? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently got a new phone (Nokia C3) because my old phone (Samgsung M1. AWFUL HORRID phone) was a ***** to use. The sales person told me to charge the new phone for 16 to 18 hours. Is this really necessary and why? Please answer!

Changing english plates to spanish plates [ 1 Answers ]

I'm moving back to spain and I want to take my fiat barchetta with me but I heard that you have to change the licience plates over. How would I do this and how much does it cost? Is there anything else I should know?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.