Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 16, 2014, 01:34 PM
    But the free market says that some have more value than others. If everyone had the same value then we wouldn't be worried about what the fair tax contribution should be. If there were a global standard of value and worth, multinationals would have no incentive to exploit cheap labor over seas or any were else. There wouldn't be hoarding or profits before people.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2014, 01:46 PM
    And everyone does NOT have the same value... would you trust the village idiot to do a heart bypass? Nope... and people with few job skills aren't worth as much as someone who does... and far less than someone with exceedingly difficult skills to learn.

But if someone walks into the store to buy a gallon of milk... the Surgeon should not pay 10 times as much for it as the mailman... and the villiage idiot shouldn't expect to be paid to take it home.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2014, 02:01 PM
    let's extend this argument for a moment, you think the village idiot shouldn't be allowed to vote, or that the surgeon should have two votes. there is a minimum standard everyone has one vote, whether they can influence others is another matter. What has happened with taxation is that some have influenced others into creating a situation where their liabilities for taxation are lessened. It isn't that the people on the lowest income should pay more it is that those who don't pay their fair share should be prevented from avoiding their esponsibilitiies. Those with more to loose should pay more
    Expert

Jan 16, 2014, 02:06 PM
    A surgeon doesn't pay more for a gallon of milk than the village idiot. But should he be denied milk because he has no skills? No home, heat or lights? Of course not. Nor would you let him do surgery either, unless he passes a bunch of tests for a period of time. Who knows what skills people have unless they are tested.

I wouldn't let you perform surgery either. I may pay for a few pictures you take though. My point is that everyone has a value.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 18, 2014, 01:19 PM
    Pass the fair tax and be done with it. This argument over making more is taking more is just pure BS. If someone starts a company and they can make 1 dollar per hour from an employee and they grow it to 100 employees then they deserve a good life for creating jobs and taking the risk. Why is it that the left never seems to understand that concept but rather seeks to quash it because someone figured out how to get rich ?
    Expert

Jan 18, 2014, 01:45 PM
    The proponents of the "fair" tax, don't have the votes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want remedy for my flat south west facing direction flat ! [ 4 Answers ]

I live in a rented flat on second floor and main entrance of my flat is in South West direction. Entrance of my building/ apartment from road is in South East. I am living here from last 3 years and facing lots of different types of problems. I am not getting growth in my job in spite of hard work....

Flat screen TV [ 1 Answers ]

What do I look for in buying a 55 to 60 inch TV < I want quality yet looking for under 1200.00 is that possible?

Flat Rate [ 8 Answers ]

Hoe many hours does a flat rate manual give to change a front wheel bearing on a 2004 Buick Lesabre

Flat hair - great, then flat again. What can I do? [ 4 Answers ]

If anyone can offer me any suggestions I would be SO grateful! I am at the end of my rope and nearly broke down this morning in frustration! I have straight hair that is fine and basically no body at all. I used to have long hair and just got it just short (above my shoulder) with layers. I've...

Flat TV [ 1 Answers ]

My neighbor purchased a flat TV. She has no cable nor satellite. I guess she gets local channels?? I don't know it it's a plasma or LCD she just watches local channels. I have a digital TV. So is the flat TV digital, and maybe she has the capacity to accept HD if she was hook up to...

View more questions Search