Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miketctlane Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Jan 15, 2014, 09:01 AM
    Conviction sealed
    I was convicted of a class 4 felony(Unlawful Use Of A Weapon) at the age of 18 and I haven't look back since and I have obtain great things in life. I am also looking forward to better things in life but I can't because of my previous conviction. It holds me back from so many opportunities it's ridiculous but it only makes me stronger. Long story short I was convicted of a class 4 felon I was incarcerated for 7 months(September 2010-March 2011) in March will make 3 years of me being out and I have not been incarcerated and I was on parole W/ house arrest from March 2011-March 2012 which I completed. How should I go about getting my record SEALED? Is it possible? Where should I go? What should I do? What do you know about the sealing process? Tell me anything you know about the sealing process IT ALL HELPS!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2014, 06:50 AM
    Hello m:

I dunno about sealing.. But, I'd try expungement, if it's available in your state.. If it is, you're probably gonna have to wait a few years before they're gonna give it to you. In ANY case, you're gonna NEED a lawyer... The state is NOT gonna give you ANYTHING willingly.

excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 16, 2014, 07:33 AM
    I have to go with the lawyer part as there are many law firms in your area that do that kind of legal work.
    miketctlane Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Jan 17, 2014, 11:31 AM
    I stay in Chicago and I know some people who got and expungement without a lawyer. What's the difference between expunge and seal?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If my record says non conviction/nolle prosse should I answers yes to the conviction [ 7 Answers ]

My record says non conviction and nolle prosse.should I answer yes to the have you ever been convicted of a crime on th application

Sealed Conviction Records of Juvenile Ever Be Used as Bar to Schooling or Employment? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, All! Let's say that a juvenile has committed a felony or felonies. The record(s) of the conviction or convictions is sealed by the Judge. Can the sealed conviction records of a juvenile ever be used as a bar to that person obtaining schooling and/or employment in the future? Thanks!

Felony conviction expunged / sealed : Can I get a job with IRS? [ 2 Answers ]

I haven't seen a situation similar to my question so... I was convicted 23 years ago as a teenager. I've had no other instances. I've held a consistent job for years. The only break in employment was the 3 months I spent in the penn while I was in college. I've held professional positions. The...

Sealed record [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very important question, that I have been struggling with for 15 years and every time that I apply for a job it gets in my way. When I was turning 18 years old I was charge as a misder and it still on my record and I have graduate from college with a degree, and never being in any more...

Sealed adoption [ 1 Answers ]

I have met my birth parents and am so confused about my adoption. I am wondering if there is anyway to get my adoption records now that I am an adult. My parents were forced to give me and my family up and it all seems a little fishy to me. How do I get the records of my adoption?

View more questions Search