Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kdg90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2014, 10:28 PM
    Short version: why does my kitchen waste back up into the toilet line. Long version:
    Short version: why does my kitchen waste back up into the toilet line. Long version: I have a half bath next to my kitchen that shares the same drain line, which also is the same line that the washing machine drains and then meets up with the main that goes outside. We just recently had it re-plumbed due to a break in the line(at the point where the kitchen drain meets up with bathroom sink & toilet drain). Before closing it all up the inspector came and signed off on the line test and that showed "no more leak" but never stuck around to see if all drained well.(go figure) We have always had issues with this particular toilet and was wondering why the "Master" plumber that I hired didn't seem to check it(that question was a rhetorical one). Anyway, is this a design flaw or repair flaw?(actual question).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2014, 11:21 PM
    Because you did not hire the plumber to to do more than fix the lead ( most likely)

Did you tell the plumber you have been having trouble with this also. Most likely there is a clog further down the drain that is causing it to back up.

Is this done with a disposal, and of course the other issue is, why are you putting kitchen waste down a drain ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet waste line and flange on an angle?? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 3 foot deep vertical toilet waste line that is installed through a slab and it comes up on an angle of about 5+ degrees towards the middle of the bath. Now the flange sits on a 5 degree angle to the floor. Anyone have a suggestion as to an easy fix to make the flange sit level on the...

Ex-Boyfriend is Back with Ex-girlfriend. Version 2 (No relation to prev. Post) [ 4 Answers ]

During college, I met a guy when we were both going through break ups with our current boyfriend/ girlfriend. In the beginning we were friends, merely providing each other emotional support, but then we began crossing the line. We began to have sex with each other, and doing things that most people...

Jazzy Version of "You Shook Me All Night Long" [ 1 Answers ]

I heard a version of "You Shook Me All Night Long" once. But it was kind of a jazzy version. It was such a fun version of the song to listen to! Does anybody know who the artist might be? Thanks!

Toilet waste line freeze-up? [ 1 Answers ]

My toilet has not been giving me any problems before now. Night before last, the temperature got below freezing. When I went to bed in the evening, it flushed fine. The next morning, the line was blocked almost completely. When I would flush the toilet, the bowl would fill with water, then...

View more questions Search