Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pdixon1978 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2014, 02:30 PM
    Whirlpool dishwasher will fill up with water but won't cycle
    The dishwasher will fill with water, then won't do anything else. Lights are on. Checked both switches in the control panel and they appear fine.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2014, 07:20 AM
    You will need to check your water level sensor switch with an ohm meter after turning off the power. The normally closed part of the switch is opening when it fills but is not sending power through the contact to timer. Look at these: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ishwashers.zip
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e%20Manual.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Dishwasher won't complete the cycle. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Quiet Partner ll Whirlpool dishwasher. It will fill up but when it is time to wash it makes a buzzing sound and stops. I can push cancel/drain and it will drain the water out. It always fills as if it is going to wash then buzzes and does no more. It is about 2 years old.

Dishwasher caused sink next to it to fill with water and also dishwasher won't drain [ 2 Answers ]

I think my title says it all... I ran the dishwasher and the sink next to it (which happens to be side connected to the garbage disposal) filled up with water. The dishwasher also leaked at the end because the water overflowed onto the floor... dishwasher did not drain itself. I emptied the...

Why does my Whirlpool Dishwasher start to fill then stop working ? [ 3 Answers ]

Why does my whirlpool dishwasher start to fill then stop working ?

Dishwasher won't fill with water [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool DU8500Xx-3 dishwasher that is approx 16 years old and has been very reliable all of these years (not a single repair! ). Recently, the dishwasher will not fill with water when we turn it on to clean dishes. Is anyone familiar with this problem and how to fix it? Also -...

View more questions Search