Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 12, 2014, 06:23 PM
    I thought this would be a vacation!
    Well, here I sit in a lonely hotel room. All by myself.

The hospital has sent me for training for the week to prepare our facility to go paperless. Since we sold the van, I had to ride with another one of our nurses.

I thought this this would be a vacation, you know, no cooking, no cleaning, no extraneous noise. Well, here I sit at only 7:30pm and it's almost too quiet.

What's a girl to do?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 12, 2014, 06:37 PM
    Look for the mini frig
    Expert

Jan 12, 2014, 06:43 PM
    I wish there was one! I had to pick up a styrofoam cooler for the beverages I brought.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 12, 2014, 06:43 PM
    Order a bottle of Champaign and share it with your ride, she is probably going nuts from the quiet too. Or fill the tub with warm blue Jello, light a candle and sip Champaign. Or order Champaign... and remember what you use to do with it :D

But you should know better than listen to me :D Even if I can't think of something to do, I do it anyway. Champaign and blue Jello will do that to you. >Where's that color font when you need it?<
    Expert

Jan 12, 2014, 06:46 PM
    Blue jello, champagne, candles and a bathtub! Tal you are always spot on! The girl I rode with lives alone, she's use to the quiet.

Could beer replace champagne? I do have some beer!
    Expert

Jan 12, 2014, 06:52 PM
    There is no substitute for Champaign. NEVER, EVER drink beer in a tub full of warm jello!! You'll be sorry, trust me!

Call the co worker. She can be quiet when she goes home.
    Expert

Jan 12, 2014, 07:13 PM
    Oh, but champagne gives me a headache. I have to alert in the morning.

Looking forward to stretching out on the king pillow top bed though!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 12, 2014, 08:07 PM
    You can drink the beer, but then you have to use red jello, not blue.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 15, 2014, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Blue jello, champagne, candles and a bathtub! Tal you are always spot on! The girl I rode with lives alone, she's use to the quiet.

Could beer replace champagne? I do have some beer!

Miller IS the champagne of beers ;)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 15, 2014, 05:00 PM
    You and the other nurse didn't plan to go out somewhere?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 15, 2014, 05:05 PM
    Relaxing and getting a good sleep is always a great option
    Expert

Jan 15, 2014, 05:07 PM
    We went to dinner Joy, but the other nurse is a very. VERY private person.

It's getting better though. The family is coming tonight and we are going out for dinner.

Last night 3 of us went for dinner and drinks.

I can't wait to get home on Friday night only to turn around on Sunday and do it all over again. I realize now I could never be a travel nurse.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2014, 05:23 PM
    Tal... I don't think I even want to know the backstory to that one.

J_9 if its any consolation....having traveled a lot for training over the years.....I've never found the hotel stays to be a vacation or all that enjoyible. So you aren't alone in thinking that way. And I traveled a lot in my job....within a three state area...there were many times I drove the 4+ hour trip home rather than spent the night in a hotel on the companies dime. (yeah I was getting paid for my time driving)
    Expert

Jan 15, 2014, 05:31 PM
    For some reason I wasn't able to sleep until last night. I resorted to some NyQuil.

I would have have liked to drive as it's only an hour from home, but we are down to one vehicle now and hubby has to get the boy to and from school.
    Expert

Jan 15, 2014, 05:38 PM
    Alty talked you into the red jello didn't she?
    Expert

Jan 15, 2014, 05:44 PM
    No Tal, it's go to be blue jello or no jello. You know that! I did go with the beer though as no champagne was available.
    Expert

Jan 15, 2014, 05:52 PM
    If I have told you once, I have told you a thousand times, NEVER mix blue jello and beer!!
    Expert

Jan 15, 2014, 06:11 PM
    Yes, Tal you have told me that many time over the years, but a girl can only use what's available to her right?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2014, 06:13 PM
    If I'm going to keep hearing about blue Jello and beer... I'm going to have to hear the story behind that.
    Expert

Jan 15, 2014, 06:18 PM
    Smoothy, years ago I created a thread called The Lounge. Hence the name for the board we now have. We would unwind there be talking about things less serious. It was spring and I was opening my pool and invited the crowd for a pool opening barbecue. Tal would only come if I filled the pool with blue jello. I think he wanted to swim naked too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's your thought about this? [ 3 Answers ]

First of all, I'm gay. I have a boyfriend and we are currently on our 5th year. I recently moved here in the US and nobody knows I'm gay. I guess people knows about it, I just don't tell them personally. Anyway, about 5 days ago my group had our Xmas party, one of our co-worker was with someone we...

How do I respond when an employee asks to extend vacation days while on vacation? [ 2 Answers ]

Employee asked for Monday off for vacay. Approved. Then, Monday evening, she called me to ask for Tuesday off. She is an employee who has done this before, giving reasons that have to do with her son and his father spending more time, etc.etc. I'm all for family time, but feel that this is...

I thought he had liked me. [ 3 Answers ]

I met this guy at a party and we had kept making eye contact from across the room. He later asked me if I wanted to be his partner for beer pong and I said yes. We flirted while we played, he gave me compliments about how good I was and he said we "had chemistry" because we were playing so well...

Just a thought [ 7 Answers ]

Do you think an active volcano under Antarctica would cause the ice to melt ? :confused: Volcano under the Antarctic 21/01/2008

Just a thought [ 2 Answers ]

Think About It - The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire. - It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal the neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it. - Never test the depth of the water with both feet. - It may be that...

View more questions Search