Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starrynightz45 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2014, 04:32 PM
    Plateua, weight gain, and no idea what to do!
    I've been a calorie-counter for about 6 years now. I've lost 60lbs and have been at the weight I was happy with for many years now. I count cals every day. I also make sure to work out at least 3-4x a week unless it's really just impossible to make time.

I have cheat days now and then, and have consistently maintained the weight I was happy with. I change up my workouts every now and then, and eat healthy.
    About 4 months ago, I started taking medication for depression due to some personal matters. I gained 10lbs within 1 month on the medication, and quickly decided to stop. I'm doing far better with the depression, but my weight gain WILL NOT go away.

I eat 1200 cals a day (after accounting for workouts) and try to vary that sometimes so my body doesn't adjust. I still work out 3-4x a week, count cals religiously, get enough sleep, etc. However, no matter what I do, I seem to be either gaining or staying the same. I don't understand what's going on, and it's really frustrating me at this point. I even do weight training along with my cardio, but the weight WILL NOT budge. In fact, I've even gained an additional 2lbs. I'm stuck, lost, and don't know where to go. Any advice is really appreciated.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 11, 2014, 04:44 PM
    You are gaining muscle. That is what is on the weigh scale. Your body has become too accustomed to the routine. Stop counting calories. Try ditching your normal workout routine, get out of doors and power walk or jog. Start slow, get a monitor that tells you kms, etc. trick your metabolism. Our bodies get stuck in one gear and needs to be nudged. Lots of water to flush out impurities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am under weight and need to gain weight fast [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I want to get real fat because I'm 11 and weigh72 ibs

I want to gain some weight my current weight is50kgs and height is 168cms [ 1 Answers ]

I am 24 yrs old and my weight is 50kgs and height 168cms. Can you please suggest me the food to gain weight.

Gain weight [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to gain weight and can not do it. I eat all day long and still can not gain weight. I feel sick all the time. Would you please help me to gain weight

Weight Gain [ 3 Answers ]

I have gained weight after taking the deprovera shot but am no longer on it. I want to know what can I do to maintain my weight which I think looks so much better on me?

View more questions Search