Ask
    mashiat Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2014, 08:59 PM
    Cant stop eating
    I want to stop eating all day!! 1
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 10, 2014, 09:00 PM
    Okay, then stop eating. It's all a matter of self control.

Jan 10, 2014, 09:03 PM
    I want to stop feeling ill all the time!!
    I feel dizzy all day! Feel nauseous and sleepy! But can't sleep when I want to and lying in bed!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 10, 2014, 09:10 PM
    You don't give us much information to go on. Are you a male or female? How old are you? Do you have any medical conditions?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2014, 04:44 AM
    So after many visits to your doctor and medical testing, what is the doctor saying ?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 11, 2014, 04:59 AM
    Did your boyfriend break up with you again?
    You are young and in school - did you go to the school medical clinic?
    (PLEASE keep questions together. You asked yesterday about eating too much. Obviously related to this.)
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 11, 2014, 06:02 AM
    Your health related threads have been merged. Please keep your health related questions in this thread. We cannot give you appropriate advice if your symptoms are spread across several threads. Thank you.

How long has this been going on? Have you been to the doctor?

Can you give us more details about your condition? Do you have any existing conditions that could be related? Are you on any medications? Are you sexually active?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 13, 2014, 09:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mashiat View Post
    I feel dizzy all day! Feel nauseous and sleepy! But can't sleep when I want to and lying in bed!

If you're not eating then this is what you can expect. You need to eat a balanced diet and your body will take care the rest. This is excluding external causes of course, being stress and exhaustion.

Jan 14, 2014, 09:34 PM
    I am almost 20... medium framed body... was obese... but I'm still overweight... I eat a balanced diet which is prescribed by my dietician... but I have been eating a little too much of fatty foods which is out of my control and I am regaining my weight. And I have been feeling dizzy and sleepy for the past few days a lot! And I must inform that I was suicidal... by which I mean I took a handfull of sleeping pills(diazepam 50mg) in the middle of last month(december,2013)... is there any chance that this is for the sleeping pills by any chance? But it has been a while since then... and I sleep properly... I go to bed by 12 at night and wake at 6 in the morning... I try to sleep at least an hour after I go home from school... Please help me... P.S: I feel sleepy all the time but it has been hard for me to sleep while I'm in bed.. this has been going on for the past two weeks!. And I want to stop eating too much... especially the fatty foods like sweet dishes,chocolates and Junk foods

Jan 14, 2014, 09:35 PM
    Joypuly,I'm back with my bofriend :)
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 15, 2014, 08:14 AM
    Have you seen your doctor about this? I am trying to think as to why you would be so lethargic, especially if you're eating well. It points to a possible metabolic disorder or hormone imbalance. I would talk to your doctor and get a full blood and hormone work up. It is starting sound like it might be a thyroid problem. Only a doctor can diagnose this and this is your best course of action. Are you on any medication besides the sleep drug?

Usually when you're craving something it is your body's way of telling you that you need something from that. Craving of the fatty, sweet, or junk food is usually a sign that you need energy for some reason. You can control that by indulging in a little but not a lot or by substitution.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2014, 08:27 AM
    Worst thing you can do is eat once a day... it causes your metabolism to slow down defeting most attempts to control your weight.

Ignoring cravings is purely a matter of self control and willpower. You can't have every thing you want... you will end up weighing 1,000 lbs and bankrupt. You did good by seeing a dietitican as they can lay out a healthy and propert diet plan, something most people can't do themselves.

Perhaps joining a support group would help with the willpower part of it.

And of course..as was suggested. Visit your doctor...they need to be aware of everything as your health is involved.

Jan 15, 2014, 11:49 PM
    CravenMorhead, I am not under medication with the sleeping pills I took them altogether at once.. only once last month that's no more after that.. I eat enough.. but I want to avoid eating the fried,fatty and sweet dishes!!

smoothy, can you suggest me some of the support groups you are talking about? In bangladesh... :p
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 16, 2014, 01:43 AM
    I think you could be both anxious and depressed - they often alternate. Sleep too much when depressed, and eat too much when anxious. That's a generalization, and not everyone is the same, and of course that might not be it at all, but from reading all your past posts, I wouldn't be surprised.
    Plus, you had access to sleeping pills. Were they prescribed ones? Were you taking any other medications at any time?

Jan 19, 2014, 10:28 PM
    Quote ;"I was suicidal" therefore it is obvious they weren't prescribed.
    And yeah I think you r right I eat too much when I'm anxious!
    But yeah I think I have been restless for a while now... I can't sleep much these days even though I am sleepy and am in bed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I can't stop eating! [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I am quite fit and healthy, but I just cannot stop eating junk food! Chocolate, donoughts, sweets, crisps, anything I can get my hands on! I am really worried, because I just can't stop, and it is ruining my life!

How can I stop eating sweets ? [ 0 Answers ]

I have this problem where I can't stop eating sweets. I eat them everyday. I even steal money to buy sweets and steal sweets! ( another problem STEALING!) I have to have sweets everyday, I eat them day or night. For Halloween, I got a whole big bag of sweets and I ate them in one day. I gave...

Need to stop eating [ 18 Answers ]

I'm 16, and currently I have been out of control. I overeat all the time, if I am angry or sad or stressed - I eat And these weeks I have been sad all the time but the problem is I have become sort of "addicted", like when things go wrong - I eat, and I although all my friends and family say I...

How to stop emotional eating [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I want to know how to stop eating emotinally I eat when I'm happy or scared and when I'm angry I don't eat but I've noticed I've been gaining wieght and it makes me angry so I'm not eating right now please can anybody give me some tips thanks!

Why did my dog stop eating? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 14 years old Bearded Collie. Only 2 weeks ago she was full of spunk but a few days ago stopped eating and lay down very luthargic. Every few hours she strains to stand up, her hind legs are obviously wobbly, and, she will take a few steps and than lay down again. She is fairly alert to...

View more questions Search