Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eggs32000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2014, 06:59 PM
    Can a landlord limit who can work in your apartment?
    My son's landlord claims that they can ban a certain person from providing special needs services to my son in the apartment in which he lives. This person has not been convicted of a crime... does not disturb other tenants. Can a landlord do such a thing?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jan 9, 2014, 07:06 PM
    The landlord can ban someone from your son's apartment only if: (1) the landlord lives in the same building or nearby and has a restraining order against that person; or (2) the lease gives them that right. Read the lease and see if it says anything about the landlord having the right to ban certain people from the property.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 10, 2014, 01:13 AM
    There has to be some reason, you failed to say why the landlord wants to do this
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 10, 2014, 06:34 AM
    A little more detail might help. But if a physician has ordered special care and the landlord blocks it, there might be grounds for a suit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord not willing to fix apartment [ 1 Answers ]

I live in an apartment in Columbus Ne and have 3 small children. We have been telling our landlord about problems in the apartment, like mold in the bathroom, windows leaking, water coming in from under the front door, and all he ever does is brings a fan over and dries out the carpet. I called him...

Landlord renting an apartment [ 2 Answers ]

Good morning. I'm renting out an apartment and found someone that I liked and told her she could have it. I then didn't hear from her for a few days, so I posted the add asking for higher rent. I've gotten a lot of inquiries and since then the girl has gotten back to me asking when she can sign...

What is the legal limit a Landlord can charge for a pet fee in PA? [ 3 Answers ]

My landlord has given me permison to have a pet and says I have to pay one months rent as a deposit for the pet. I have already paid her 1st, last and 1 month security deposit. I work with others who have only charged $300.00 and I would be willing to pay that amount but she wants more than double...

Does a landlord need a key to my apartment [ 2 Answers ]

If you have a landlord, that has keys to every other apartment and enters them at will, with no notice to the tenant of that apartment. Do I have to give her a key because I'm afraid she will enter and things will g missing.

Fire Damage to Apartment - Landlord using to upgrade apartment [ 8 Answers ]

Earlier this year my apartment was minimally damaged by a fire. The exact cause of the fire is unknown, however it is believed that my cat knocked something onto the stove which then turned on and burned the basket. Fire damage to the apartment was restricted to the kitchen stove area. Smoke...

View more questions Search