Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Talana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2014, 07:39 AM
    German passport?
    I was born in 1963 and my father was a german citizen. Can I get a german passport?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2014, 03:38 PM
    Yes, if you have one German parent, you have German citizenship, regardless of where you were born.

Source: German nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandparents were German Jews - Can I get a German Passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I know a few years ago there was a program that allowed children and grandchildren of Holocaust-era German Jews to apply and receive German passports. I cannot find any information about this on the internet, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My father's parents both...

I was born in Germany to a German mother, do I qualify for a German passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I was born in Germany in 1991 on a German mother and a British father. I've lived in the UK since I was a couple months old and I am now 19, because we lived in the UK my mother didn't want things to get complicated with aplying for passports so she only let me have a British one instead of a...

Can I apply for a german passport when married to a german and living in south africa [ 0 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm South African and would like to know if I will be able to apply for a German passport after getting married to my fiancé which of cause is a German himself. We will however live in South Africa after getting married. Our marriage will also take place in South Africa.

I'm german but live in england my husband is turkish can he get a german passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm german living in england My husband is turkish can he get a german passport Because I'm german??

Where can I get proofs that my grandfather was German --> Obtaining German Passport [ 3 Answers ]

Hello there, My Grandfather was German and he escaped to New York from the Nazis around 1940. He was naturalized as a US Citizen in Feb 1945 so technically he should lose his German Citizenship, however because of Nirenberg laws he's entitled to regain his German Citizenship, hence my father and...

View more questions Search