Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kkm14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2014, 11:05 AM
    LOA
    My question is also on LOA. I have my H1B (stamp) valid until 2015, also my I-140 certified in 2012, EB2. In Jan 2014 my dad is diagnosed with a terminal carcinoma. I have to go and be with my family. My brief discussion with my employer indicated a support from them as LOA. I have not yet finalized how much should I ask for and what other questions should be taken care of as far legal status is concerned. Should there be written letter from the employer? And if so what should it look like.. lastly, since I am uncertain when will be able to come back, what are the concerns for employer.. that they may decide to terminate my h1b.. thank you so much for your help. KMM

Check out some similar questions!

LOA and Texas employment law [ 3 Answers ]

I have an employee who is on a medical LOA. She is not on an FMLA leave. We are small business and only have 20 employees so she does not qualify for FMLA. I have asked her for a doctors note on several occasions and she has not complied. She has been gone for 30 days. Several of my employees have...

LOA from Work [ 2 Answers ]

In Texas when you are on a Medical Leave can your employer fire you or do they have to wait until you return to work from your leave?

Can your employer terminate you before you return from LOA? [ 4 Answers ]

My employer called me into work under the pretense "to talk" when I was on LOA before my release date from the doctor. My employer then proceeded to terminate my employment for job performance, however, refused to prvide any specific details. Can they legally even speak to me before my return to...

Backdate termination while on loa [ 5 Answers ]

I was a probationary employee for 6 months. I broke both arms and was placed on LOA. My employer called and told me I had been terminated under the probationary period on April 30 09. My actual 6 months was on 4/16/09. I've received no cobra or correspondence from the employer until 5/7/09...

Computation of loa limit [ 1 Answers ]

How can I compute the electrical load of a building intended for office space with some industrial machine in use

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.