Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherfortin08 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2014, 01:28 PM
    Was on birth control pills missed almost 2 weeks can I be pregnant
    I'm 26 I been taking BC pills for a while maybe 4 months and I missed 2 weeks of pills and I had unprotected sex is it possible to be pregnant. My periods are always different I didn't get my period yet this month I took a hpt but it came up negative but have a lot of symptoms I have a child she's 5 so I kind of know the feelings. What should I do?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2014, 01:51 PM
    Its not only possible but highly likely. Miss even a few days its almost like not taking them at all. Depending on which two weeks you missed they could have been two thirds of that months active pills.....the last week of the 4 week pack tend to be sugar pills or iron supplements to take to maintain a daily routine. Those are the only ones you can safely forget to take.

"Feelings" can be very misleading, and usually are... if you are at least two weeks beyond when you were most likely to have your period, then its time to test. The test must also be done ONLY right after you wake up in the AM the first time you pee, or you have to wait until the next morning. Its also possible to be pregnant and test negative for even the first couple months. Then its your choice is to have a blood test done with is more accurate and sensitive..

Jan 9, 2014, 12:41 PM
    It was a start of a new pack I couldn't get prescription so I had to wait then I forgot to take it again for another week
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2014, 01:13 PM
    THose were ALL active pills... if you are lucky enough NOT to be pregnant... do not have unprotected sex until after you start on your second months pack.

First thing in the AM is the best time to take them as you can make an easy to remember routine to take them with breakfast... before the upcoming days events can distract you into forgetting.

Jan 9, 2014, 10:43 PM
    I started taking them again last Sunday but I was just worried should I still test again I feel really bloated not the way I get with period I have a strange feeling in the lower part of my stomach also
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 9, 2014, 11:40 PM
    Very good chance of pregnancy. You'll have to wait until your period is at least 2 weeks late, then test using first morning urine. If that test is negative, wait for you next period. If you miss it, test again or get a blood test.

No form of birth control is 100%, but when you don't use it as directed you run an even greater chance of pregnancy.

Jan 10, 2014, 12:06 AM
    Should I continue my birth control pills
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 10, 2014, 01:04 AM
    Yes, you should continue on birth control pills, will not effect pregnancy.

But even if you take the pills every day, just like you are suppose to, pregnancy can still happen. The pills are not 100 percent,

Missing one or two pills increases the pregnancy chance.

After you start taking, it will be almost a month before they are fully effective. ( still not 100 percent)

So what date is your period due ?

Jan 10, 2014, 08:15 AM
    I think this week coming not to sure of the date because its always different

Jan 10, 2014, 01:07 PM
    I'm still having all the symptoms besides the vomiting I never did threw my whole pregnancy before should I talk to my doctor and get a test done with them I took another hpt but that was negative to I'm so confused of what to do
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 10, 2014, 02:27 PM
    Could be a stomach illness. You'll need to wait until about two weeks after you've missed your period. You're getting a head of yourself and creating a lot of confusion and worry. Calm down and wait this out.

Jan 13, 2014, 12:11 PM
    I'm 26 I have one child already and she's 5 I been on the merana the whole 5yrs then switched to the pill just recently I missed 2 weeks of it I couldn't get my prescription the one week and forgot the second week I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend in between the two weeks I been feeling some symptoms of pregnancy but I'm not to sure I didn't get my period yet this month not to sure when I will could I be pregnant or is it all in my head I took 3 pregnancy tests and they all were negative am I testing to early should I wait or should I see a dr help please not to sure what to do

Do u get the same type of pregnancy symptoms like you do in your first and is it different if you have a baby by a different guy?
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2014, 01:37 PM
    Many women with multiple children find none of their pregnancy are alike.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 13, 2014, 01:45 PM
    You are testing too early. It is best f you wait until you've missed your period start by two weeks.

Your foray into hormonal birth control pills wasn't successful, but if you try to take them at every time, in the morning before your shower or with breakfast for example, and get into a routine with them then it will be easier to remember and actually take them. If you miss the pills for a distance don't try to catch up but start were you should have been and use barrier protection for the rest of that cycle. Anytime you miss more than one pill you need to do this.

Every pregnancy is different. Ask 10 women and you'll get 20 answers about it all. There are some for whom the pregnancies were all the same, but others for who the pregnancies were quite a bit different. For our second child I pray that my wife's pregnancy is Much better. The first one was not fun.

Regardless of this all it is a waiting game at this point. Good luck.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 13, 2014, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cherfortin08 View Post
    Do u get the same type of pregnancy symptoms like you do in your first and is it different if you have a baby by a different guy?
    Every pregnancy is different. For my first I had no morning sickness at all, felt great my entire pregnancy. If I hadn't missed my periods, or started getting a bigger belly, I never would have known I was pregnant. With my second I was sick the entire 9 months, morning, noon, and night. The third I felt sick for a few days, then I started feeling great. Sadly I lost that little one at 3 months of pregnancy, so I have no idea what the rest of the pregnancy would have been like.

You are testing too soon. Stop doing that. You're only psyching yourself out. Test when your period is at least 2 weeks late. Test using first morning urine. If that test is negative, wait for you next period. If you miss it as well, test again, or get a blood test done. That's really the only advice anyone can give you. I really wish you'd follow it.

Jan 20, 2014, 06:57 AM
    Well I think I might got a period but it is not normal its dark but not red it was only a little yesterday and I have really bad cramps not the same as my normal period ones should I still test I was told it might not be my period what could it be still got the same feelings of pregnancy I don't know what to do
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2014, 08:33 AM
    Cherfortin08,

If you don't have an actual period by January 31st, try another pregnancy test at that time. Since your cycles can be off, and the stopping/starting could be enough to throw it off even more, January 31st gives you a date to focus on. No need to worry before that date. Certainly you would be wise to take care of yourself, eat well, etc. until you know for sure one way or the other.

Or... go to your doctor and ask for blood test to ease your mind.

Jan 22, 2014, 12:39 AM
    OK here is another question I had thyroid surgery in June 2013 to remove my thyroid because I had a nodule that turned be cancer I haven't had treatment but I been on thyroid meds. Could that effect anything? Also I been having some browish spotting for the past 3 days not heavy wear a liner but not much on it what could that mean I had cramping the other day but nothing now still no sign of regular period could I be pregnant and the tests be wrong due to thyroid problems will make appointment with doctor just want to see if anyone could help
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2014, 04:19 AM
    No, your thyroid meds won't effect a pregnancy test. You mentioned that your periods are always different, so perhaps your period is just off this month too. Could be lighter than usual, could be having a slow start, might skip a normal period altogether.

See what you find out when you go to the doctor's.

Jan 27, 2014, 01:10 PM
    So I still haven't got a normal period on Jan 20-23 I had brownish discharge but it was light I wore a liner but nothing was on it only when I wiped I still don't know what to do I never went to the doctor I been busy working but I still feel bloated moody headaches no vomit but I feel like I will back pain should I wait till the end of the month to try a test again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed Birth control pills. Could I get pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm taking Ortho-Tri-Cyclen birth control pills and I am on week 3. I missed two pills in a row on Thursday and Friday (im a Sunday Starter). I realized I missed 2 pills on Saturday and took one and Saturday. I read the instructions for missed pills and threw out the rest of the pack and will start...

Missed 3 pills in a row at the beginning of my birth control, can I be pregnant? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, so this is my first time using this website and I'm kind of frustrated because I just spent forever trying to type my problem and it got deleted. So, I'll try to explain it the best I can. So, I have been spotting throughout the month of June. I would say about a couple weeks ago I began to...

Missed Birth Control Pills [ 1 Answers ]

I missed 3 of my birth control pills in a row in the 3rd week of pills, 3 weeks ago. I immediately started taking active pills again and skipped my hormone free pills and started in on a new pack of pills. I have now been alternating between spotting and moderate bleeding for 18 days. Is this...

Birth Control missed pills [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, I forgot to take my last pill on Saturday a week ago, and then I was not able to pick up my prescription today, and will have to pick it up in the morning. What should I do. Do I take the last pill and the next one tomorrow morning, and then the Monday one on Monday night. I am sexually...

View more questions Search