Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 27, 2014, 01:32 PM
    I would wait closer to the first week of February, maybe the 3rd or 4th. Most pregnancy tests detect a specific hormone in the urine and require a specific amount before they turn positive. Your body slowly start to produce this hormone, and thus discard it into your urine, as your pregnancy starts and the production will continue the further into it you go. If you test too early then you will a false negative because there wasn't enough hormone is turn the detector positive.

Good luck.
    cherfortin08 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2014, 01:28 PM
    Well I finally called my doctor I have to get blood test done tomorrow is it possible that I could get a false negative or is that test 100% accurate and if it does come up negative should I just brush all the feelings I been having and talk to my family doctor about everything
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2014, 06:01 PM
    You can consider the blood test accurate at this stage. If you are pregnant, it would be extremely unlikely for it not to show up as a blood test (quantitative) would check for an actual amount of hcg... a hormone associated with pregnancy. At this stage in a pregnancy, you would be well over the baseline amount.
    Regardless of the results, a chat with your doctor will ease your mind.

Feb 4, 2014, 01:02 PM
    The blood test was negative I don't know what is wrong then I'm so bloated every time I get hungry I go to eat and then only eat a little bit then feel hungry afterwards my stomach is getting bigger but not gaining weight the bottom of my stomach feels weird all the time this has been going on for awhile don't know what to do any more

I also have been so emotional to like when I get my period but I haven't got a period since December could this all be from the pill I been real tired not wanting to do anything sometimes I just want to sleep
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 4, 2014, 01:10 PM
    I would go to your primary care physician now. There has to be something else going on.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2014, 01:16 PM
    Did you diiscuss ANY of that with your doctor when you went to get the blood test done? What did they tell you? If you didn't, why didn't you?

Feb 4, 2014, 01:20 PM
    I called them and told them what was going on and they just said get blood test done that was it I will be going to see them in a few days

Weird lower abdominal pain but not pregnant

I have been having some weird lower abdominal pain I thought I was pregnant had all the signs but hpt and blood test is negative I missed period but I been feeling so bloated and sometimes gassy not sure what it could be its not a strong pain its just I know I feel something stomach feels like its getting bigger on the bottom part but I'm not gaining weight I'm not sure if it should be something to worry about I never felt like this before
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 4, 2014, 01:40 PM
    Relax and see what your doctors say. Why drive yourself nuts worrying about everything?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed Birth control pills. Could I get pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm taking Ortho-Tri-Cyclen birth control pills and I am on week 3. I missed two pills in a row on Thursday and Friday (im a Sunday Starter). I realized I missed 2 pills on Saturday and took one and Saturday. I read the instructions for missed pills and threw out the rest of the pack and will start...

Missed 3 pills in a row at the beginning of my birth control, can I be pregnant? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, so this is my first time using this website and I'm kind of frustrated because I just spent forever trying to type my problem and it got deleted. So, I'll try to explain it the best I can. So, I have been spotting throughout the month of June. I would say about a couple weeks ago I began to...

Missed Birth Control Pills [ 1 Answers ]

I missed 3 of my birth control pills in a row in the 3rd week of pills, 3 weeks ago. I immediately started taking active pills again and skipped my hormone free pills and started in on a new pack of pills. I have now been alternating between spotting and moderate bleeding for 18 days. Is this...

Birth Control missed pills [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, I forgot to take my last pill on Saturday a week ago, and then I was not able to pick up my prescription today, and will have to pick it up in the morning. What should I do. Do I take the last pill and the next one tomorrow morning, and then the Monday one on Monday night. I am sexually...

View more questions Search