Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yusf Posts: 198, Reputation: 3

Jan 6, 2014, 08:16 AM
    I want to know about internet and networking.
    Hello!
    In this post, I will ask about internet relating to the charging system of the sim operators. I am really curious to know these. My contemporaries know a lot and I do not want to lack behind.

1. How does my sim operator charge me when I use internet? I read somewhere that when I use internet and shut the session, the operator will charge me. Unless the session is not ended, I will not be charged. Is it true?
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Jan 10, 2014, 05:43 AM
    Hi there

You have to contact your sim service provider for the best answer.

Our networks in South Africa charge per mega-byte. You can stay on as long as you like but as soon as you brows, download email or use any app requiring internet, they charge us.

Chance is good that yours will work the same.

Hope this helps
    Grant

Feb 10, 2014, 02:36 AM
    Thanks grant! 2. Can you tell me what is proxy and port?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2014, 06:09 AM
    They measure the amount of data used while you are online... closing the session or not makes no differnce. They know exactly when you are online, how long, and exactly what calls you make... and how much data you use. Your SIM card uniquely identifies you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 10, 2014, 06:12 AM
    If you are referring to phone usage, then yes you are charged per megabyte for any data transferred either way.

Feb 21, 2014, 11:14 PM
    Thanks for info. 2.Can someone say what is proxy and port and how people use it to use internet free?
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2014, 07:45 AM
    You don't... you pay for the data that goes in either direction from or to your phone. They don't care what route it takes past that. The ONLY way you will get to use "free" internet is through WIFI at a place that offers free WIFI.

Feb 23, 2014, 09:57 PM
    My friend is using internet for free in Android by proxy and port. He has given me the proxy and port and I have been using it for free as well. I am not charged for whatever I download. I just wanted to know how it happens.
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2014, 04:15 AM
    You are doing it via WIFI then... and its not going across the cell phone network. There is a difference between them.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 24, 2014, 05:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Yusf View Post
    My friend is using internet for free in Android by proxy and port. He has given me the proxy and port and I have been using it for free as well. I am not charged for whatever I download. I just wanted to know how it happens.
    If you are using a free WiFi hotspot, then you are not going through the cell phone network. If you are not using a hotspot, then you are stealing services.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Internet networking problem [ 15 Answers ]

I have this problem from Wednesday, I cannot load certain webpage even Facebook, YouTube, and many, but after Friday it getting better, but the connection still very very slow, and for the Facebook application totally cannot load, and sometimes the connection will down... And also another...

Videos won't play on internet or show photos on psp internet [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble with my psp not showing videos or photos on the internet, can someone please tell me why?:o

Networking/lan line internet [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a laptop and I can only get the internet at my dads house but when I come back home it won't work. Ive tried everything. I plugged it to the wall, I tried dial up, I plugged it to a internet box. Nothings working. I don't have wireless so I need to figure out how to get internet on a lan...

Networking through Internet [ 1 Answers ]

How to logon to a computer using dailup connection

Printing with internet but not with networking or emails? [ 2 Answers ]

My friend is having Internet connection and also a colour printer but I don't have the printer but having Internet connection. So I want to print from my home to his printer connected computer in a fast way. I know I can use the emails but it is quite long process and disturbing. So what I said...

View more questions Search