Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AshleeMGM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2014, 09:01 PM
    I broke my acrillic nail and my entire natural nail came off with it?
    On Christmas eve I fell down the stairs and somehow my ENTIRE nail came right of with it.I was taken to the hospital and when the doctor looked at it he said it was fine, and gave me some lidocaine which didn't help at all. Ur is so painful, constantly throbbing, and there's like big piece of meat where that "half a moon" white part at the bottom of the nail bed is. It feels like if my entire nail was pulled out, there's constant pain from the knuckle up. What should I do? Do you think I lost my nail completely? (The doc never really looked at it or cleaned it) what can I do to make the healing process faster? PLEASE PLEASE HELP!
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 6, 2014, 11:53 AM
    Just keep it covered and let it heal. The nail needs to grow out again. It will take a while and there will be a dull ache until it gets farther along the nail bed. Not much you can do except wait and let it alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finger nail pulling away from nail bed [ 2 Answers ]

In the past month, I have one nail on my right hand that is pulling away from the nail bed. This is quite painful and makes me feel the nail is going to fall off. However, it seems to be loose only on one side and the back of the nail seems to be secure. I do have acrylic nails and have had for...

Finger nail broke off [ 19 Answers ]

OK I was putting clothes in the dryer when I sliped and my fake fingernail got in between the frame of the door and it broke my real nail but the fake is still on. I don't know if I should try and take off the fake nail or leave it on until my real nail starts growing back. Please I need help it...

Finger nail broke inside my gel nail [ 2 Answers ]

My finger nail broke in between my gel nail and its hurting really bad. Should I go into the E.R. My finger got swollen and I can't move it too much. Its my pinky. Please help me?

I broke my fake nail and riped my real nail of and now its infected what do I do now [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my older brother were play fighting and he ripped my fake nail of , its now bleeding but the nail is still attached... now it is infected what do I do ? Help me it really hurts by the way I'm 13 :(

View more questions Search