Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chochocho Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2014, 04:42 PM
    Problem raising funds through VCs for app development
    I'm an artist that did a concept design for one of my mobile app ideas, and I've met a company/developer that can develop the app for a certain price quote, which I just can't afford now. Due to my lack of the funds, I've reached out to about forty venture capitalists(VCs) through the LinkedIn site, but have been unsuccessful to raising the funds through them. Even though about four VCs showed interest to my app's concept and asked for my business plan etc. they seemed to lose interest when I sent them my business plan without any explanations.
    I'll appreciate if you can advice me on the best possible way that I can raise this fund through VCs/angel investors to enable me develop my idea into an app that can be sold at the app store.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 5, 2014, 05:09 PM
    It's simple. They lost interest because they saw no way to make money off your app idea. So your app either isn't a money maker, and not worth their time, or you're not pitching it properly. That's something that has to come from you, and not something anyone else can help you with.

How are you pitching this app? How are you promoting it?

Apps are a dime a dozen, every second person has an idea for a new app. In order to make money off of it, you have to show that it's worth the investors time and money.

You're one in a billion, literally. How are you standing out? What makes you special? What makes your idea worth investing in?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 5, 2014, 06:15 PM
    If you aren't detailing the function of the app (probably for fear of theft) how do you expect them to judge its marketability?

What you need to do is prepare a non disclosure agreement for them to sign before you reveal the details.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 5, 2014, 06:18 PM
    Patent your ideas first before you pitch them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Raising funds for charity [ 0 Answers ]

Can anyone let me know of any good methods to raise money for a small charity or internet sites or methods to get free publicity. Would be grateful for any advice anyone can give me.

Can not open adobe - error message app name: acrord32.exe app ver: 10.0.0.396 [ 0 Answers ]

I can not open adobe from either email or desktop. The error message: AppName: acrord32.exe appVer: 10.0.0.396 modname: acrord32.dll modver: 10.0.0.407 offset: 00187035. Adobe reader X Windows xp home edition

Raising funds for a missions trip? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I'm planning on going to Europe for a missions trip through my church, but I need to raise the money for my flight, lodging, and meals. I'm looking for any suggestions on what the best way to do this might be. Also, is there anything I need to be aware of? Anything I need to do a...

View more questions Search