Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keeks143 Posts: 149, Reputation: 3

Jan 5, 2014, 06:06 AM
    Unknown Apple ID
    I am thinking of getting an iPhone, but I cannot afford a new one. I am, therefore, thinking seriously of getting a second hand one. I have found some seemingly legitimate websites, but the one thing that worries me is that if it is second hand, the Apple ID will already be taken by the first original owner. Because the phone has been given to the company and they have a customer privacy policy, basically, if there's a problem that requires info from the owner, there won't be much I can do but return the phone. Say I couldn't get hold of the first owner, what would I do then? I heard something about 'Content Lock' that means you CAN'T do anything without the ID. So basically, I'd be screwed. Help!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 5, 2014, 10:35 AM
    If you are purchasing a second hand Apple product, simply run a factory reset and start over.
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Jan 10, 2014, 05:51 AM
    Factory reset will only work on IOS6 and lower.

With IOS 7 with phone is literally linked to that AppleID. To unlink it just disable the "Find My Iphone" setting.

I will be honoust, you are taking a huge risk. But popular sites with pay services like paypal have satisfaction / return policies with its users.

Hope this helps
    Grant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

2008 word on desktop apple/send to apple laptop 2005word and doesn't display, why? [ 2 Answers ]

Document written in 2008 word sent to 2005 word both apple CPUs but document won't translate. Instead it is a bunch of sequential hyrogliphics? What process to Save to lesser update of word so document can open in older version? Or other solution Thank You Rein

Pc monitor to apple mac version 10.4.10, I have a apple monitor already connrcted [ 2 Answers ]

I have a PC monitor that I need to connect to my apple mac 10.4.10. I already have my cinema screen mac monitor connected but want to create a dual monitor environment (for editing on final cut pro)... there are two montior ports at the back... both slightly different.. the free port is slightly...

Apple or not? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a customer that wants a desktop to use primarily for video editing and production. What are your thoughts on an Apple vs an AMD 64 based one?

View more questions Search