Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allinone Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2014, 09:03 PM
    How to choose a printer
    Which printer to buy (better all-in-one)? I am interested in good price, cheap cartridges to replace, and of course reliable.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 4, 2014, 09:27 PM
    Without knowing what you will be using your printer for its hard to advise.

I can tell you not to be fooled by cheap cartridges. What's more important is yield and quality of ink.

All-in-ones are good of you need scanning and copying.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2014, 06:35 PM
    I saw an ad for an HP at a major office retailer, all-in-one, hinged lid and multisheet copy feeder for $ 99.
    allinone Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2014, 10:03 PM
    ScottGem,

I have a lexmark x9575. The set of cartridges costs about $70. In order to use it both cartridges must have ink... It does not make sense to buy so expensive cartridges.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 7, 2014, 08:55 AM
    I use a Brother all-in-one and I love it. I use it for my business every day with copies and scanning and it works great. It uses 4 different ink cartridges but they are not overly pricey and I get quite a bit of use from them before they need to be replaced. I've had it for over 1 1/2 years now and no complaints.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/network-ready-wireless-color-all-in-one-printer/2877498.p?id=1218359087042&skuId=2877498&st=catego ryid$abcat0511004&cp=1&lp=6
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 7, 2014, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by allinone View Post
    ScottGem,

I have a lexmark x9575. The set of cartridges costs about $70. In order to use it both cartridges must have ink... It does not make sense to buy so expensive cartridges.
    $70 is not a lot if the cartridges give you hundreds of pages of output. So lets say your Lexmark has 2 cartridges (black and tricolor). Lets say you get 1000 pages of output from them. Now another printer uses 2 cartridges that cost $35. But you only get 300 pages from them. So to get the same 1000 pages you would have to spend over $100 on cartridges. That's why I say you can't judge by the cost of the cartridges.

Lexmark has a reputation for poor ink yields, so does Brother. HP and Epson have reps for high page yields.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In love with two man - don't know what to do, who to choose and how to choose? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 30 year old woman and I think that I love two men at the same time and I don't know what to do. About 7 years ago I met man no.1, we had a more or less happy relationship although I have to say that every now and then I had doubts that he is the one I want to spend my life with, and the one...

How to get Epson R280 printer to print black only even though it is a color printer? [ 1 Answers ]

Was wondering why I cannot get my Epson R280 to print black only, as all my colors are empty?

When I use word and printer out my dell 992 AIO printer says communication not availi [ 1 Answers ]

When I use word and printer out my dell 992 AIO printer says communication not available I got a virus and rebooted everything because I couldn't get on at all so then after that I downloaded software and all the drives from dell.com and now whenever I try to print it says communication not...

Calling all Lexmark X6570 Printer Owners - Is my printer damaged? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I just purchased a Lexmark X6570 Printer(wireless printing, faxing, photo printing, scanning, copying, and printing all in one). I now need the help of others who own this printer as well because I'm not sure if I purchased a faulty/damaged printer. I have installed the printer and...

Vista Printer Driver for NEC SuperScript 870 Printer [ 0 Answers ]

Need a Vista Printer Driver for my NEC SuperScript 870 Printer.

View more questions Search