Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kfaust Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2014, 04:38 PM
    I have no clue how to build this excel sheet
    P8-2A Information related to Hamilton Company for 2014 is summarized below.
    Total credit sales $2,500,000
    Accounts receivable at December 31 970,000
    Bad debts written off 66,000
    Instructions
    (a) What amount of bad debt expense will Hamilton Company report if it uses the direct
    Write-off method of accounting for bad debts?
    (b) Assume that Hamilton Company estimates its bad debt expense to be 3% of credit
    Sales. What amount of bad debt expense will Hamilton record if it has an Allowance
    For Doubtful Accounts credit balance of $4,000?
    (c) Assume that Hamilton Company estimates its bad debt expense based on 7% of
    Accounts receivable. What amount of bad debt expense will Hamilton record if it has
    An Allowance for Doubtful Accounts credit balance of $3,000?
    (d) Assume the same facts as in (c), except that there is a $3,000 debit balance in Al-
    Lowance for Doubtful Accounts. What amount of bad debt expense will Hamilton
    Record?
    (e) What is the weakness of the direct write-off method of reporting bad debt
    Expense?

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect one excel sheet to other excel sheet [ 28 Answers ]

How to connect one excel sheet to other excel sheet.

How to link multiple excel sheets to one main source excel sheet [ 7 Answers ]

I have a master price list and multiple ( individule ) sheets for customers.. I would like to , when input data in the price list to link and update to all other sheets... ( I do not want to have a source sheet with tabs) Thanks

Eliminate data in sheet 1 from sheet 2 in excel [ 1 Answers ]

I've got 4000 names in Sheet 1 and I've got 200 names is Sheet 2. The names of 200 person in Sheet 2 also contain in Sheet 1. I would like to ask how can I eliminate names in Sheet 1 (4000 names) based on names in Sheet 2 (200 names).

How can I connect one sheet 1 in excel to sheet 2 so it will update the information. [ 7 Answers ]

What I am trying to do is I have a schedule with drop down boxes I want to beable to click on a name in the dropdown box next to a time slot for appointments which are listed under the days date like a calendar, but once clicked I need it to update the list on the first sheet next to the same name...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.