Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jen24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Toluene used on a rotary evaporator
    Why does fat dissolve in toluene but water does not when put on a rotary evaporator? any help would be great.thanx
    Synder222 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 10:12 PM
    Fat and toluene (taw U een) are both made of non-polar molecules. Since likes dissolve likes, they will mix.

Water is made of polar molecules and will not mix with very well with any non-polar substances.

What is a rotary evaporator? Do you mean a centrifuge?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rotary switch wiring diagram [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased an old rotary switch, unfortunately without a wiring diagram. It has four settings (off, low, med, hi), and four wiring poles. Contacts rotate at two levels and connect the poles as shown in the attached JPG. My question is how to wire this thing (I assume there are three incoming...

Cleaning an evaporator coil? [ 2 Answers ]

How do you recommend that I clean a dirty evaporator coil? I appreciate your help!

Cleaning Evaporator Coil? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello - after reading earlier posts, I think I may need to clean our evaporator coil. Is that something I can do myself and how would I do that? Thanks, Sally

Child support for Rotary Exchange Students [ 4 Answers ]

I have a daugter whom I have physical custody of. She spent the past year in Ecuador as a Rotary Exchange student. The New York State family court ruled in my exhusbands favor to cut out child support while she attended her senior year of high school there. She left my home in August and I lost...

Carrier Furnace Evaporator Coils [ 1 Answers ]

How often do these coils need to be cleaned?

View more questions Search