Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hibou Posts: 58, Reputation: 0

Jan 4, 2014, 05:41 AM
    Windows Vista Laptop Crashes When Put on 'Standby'
    Although it is functioning well otherwise and 'Standby' functions normally most of the time my Windows Vista Laptop has recently started to crash frequently when put on 'Standby' then, after a few minutes, it restarts from scratch.
    Now, I am never sure that 'Standby' will function normally or not.
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Jan 10, 2014, 10:29 AM
    Hi there

Firstly Update the BIOS then go into standby...

Still crashing, then go into your BIOS and Disable or Enable "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI)" or Advanced Power Management (APM). Restart and try again...
    (To access BIOS, Shut Down. Powerup and press on of the following keys... )
    (Esc, F2, F10, F12, Del)

Still doing the same, try one of the following updates...

A Windows Vista-based computer stops responding when you resume the computer from hibernation
    You have problems after you resume a Windows Vista-based computer from sleep or from hibernation
    Error message in the Usbhub.sys process when you wake a Windows Vista-based computer from sleep or from hibernation: "STOP 0x00000044"

Hope this helps.
    Grant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why cant I connect my acer windows vista laptop to my wireless internet [ 0 Answers ]

I have an acer windows vista laptop and I can't get it to connect to my wireless internet, it comes up "unidentified network" and the network and computer connects but there is no connection from the wifi connection to the internet. I'm getting a big red "X". When I plug in the ethernet net cord it...

Windows vista laptop home edition [ 1 Answers ]

I downloaded the service pack 3 when I restarted comp it was installing it got to 3 of 3 0% complete & stuck there tried ctrl alt del all restart general troubleshooting but nuthing works it is froze

Windows Vista laptop won't connect to internet wireless connection [ 2 Answers ]

I have a laptop running windows vista home premium. I have a motorola milestone smart phone. I can only get a local only connection between the laptop and smartphone using the hotspot on the phone. But if I use a computer running xp or windows 7 I am able to connect all the way to internet. Is...

Acer Laptop with Windows Vista [ 5 Answers ]

My new laptop has just blacked out, last week, and I cannot get it started. I have tried just about everything. Searched the internet for answers etc. It says it does not recognise the operating system, in fact it says there is none...

Toshiba laptop a250 is locked at windows vista login [ 2 Answers ]

I need a free password to login into my new toshiba laptop a250 or a key combination to reset the computer

View more questions Search