Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anna12394 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2014, 03:08 PM
    Do I qualify for student financial aid
    I received a D in one of the five classes I took the during the spring of 2013. I passed the summer courses I took, I got GPA hours, but it didn't alter my GPA so I got a warning. I passed all my fall semester, my GPA is back to 3.50, but whenever I try to apply for finical aid it said I was disqualified. My counsel told me once I got GPA up I would qualify to receive student financial aid again. What could be going on? I attend a community college in the United States.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 3, 2014, 03:25 PM
    Each place is different all over the US. You don't say when your semester ended or how soon afterwards you applied. With Christmas and New Years, it's possible that data is slow getting entered. Ask your guidance counselor, or wait until the end of the week and try again.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 3, 2014, 04:32 PM
    Financial aid through the FAFSA https://fafsa.ed.gov/ is based on family income. Are you still living at home with your parents?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2014, 04:40 PM
    Only some financial aid, like academic scholarships,is grade related. Fill out the FAFSA online to apply. If your school doesn't offer aid, apply elsewhere. Pell grants and loans are not dependent on grades. Go talk to the financial aid staff at school and also go to talk to (or call) the financial aid people at a few other colleges. Be aware that more expensive schools such as religious oriented private schools, often have large endowments and give more assistance than public schools, so don't choose based on the tuition. My son goes to the most expensive school we considered because they came up with more assistance for him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any financial aid for medical student? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 20 yrs medical student in Manipal College of Medical Science, Pokhara,Nepal. I am from low income family. It's being difficult to withstand expenses in this expensive city?Now I am studying with Scholorship provided by Ministry of Nepal which only help for tuition and admission fees. Could...

Student Financial Aid SUpport [ 1 Answers ]

I was just wandering where I could possibly get my 2007 taxes at so I can apply for my student financial aid for college???:confused:

Financial aid for student [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Im a student from Macedonia and would like to know is there in Europe a scholarship that can cover all my expenses, since I'm in no position to pay. Thank you

Financial Aid for the Independent student [ 2 Answers ]

Is this anyway for a student who is under 24, not married, doesn't have a kid, is not emancipated, and is not a veteran to get financial aid in Michigan without her parent's taxes? My parents are refusing to give out their tax information and I don't live with them. I am repeatedly being told that...

Financial Aid for high school student summer studies abroad [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter has been accepted into a program (People to People Student Ambassador Program). She will be going to France, Italy, and Spain this summer (2008). The cost for the program is 6,000 which I cannot afford. Is there financial aid or grants for international studies abroad for high school...

View more questions Search