Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Apr 1, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Not a joke, but a riddle.
    I forgot the answer to this one, so can anyone fill me in?

There is a room with two doors in it. One door leads to a million dollars, and the other leads to a hungry lion. There is a guard standing by each door. One of the guards always tells the truth, and the other always lies. They both know which door is which. If you could only ask one question to one guard, what would you ask?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2007, 07:52 AM
    I never heard this riddle before but I will give it a shot. I think you could actually ask a number of questions and figure out what was the correct door.

What color are my eyes?

Or

What color is my hair?

Or

After pulling down your pants: Am I wearing underwear? I think that would be the best answer just in case one of 'em is color blind.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Apr 1, 2007, 08:01 AM
    But you can only ask one question to one guard.

And by the way, I forgot to mention that the guards were randomly placed.
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2007, 08:06 AM
    I got that you can only ask one question of one guard. Randomly placed makes that more difficult. If they are not standing in front of the doors, hmmm.

Being the kind of person I am, I still might drop "trou" in front of one and ask "Am I wearing underwear."

Might not get the right door, but it would still be a fun thing to do.
    kevin123456 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Lol rudypitbull. Ahh I think its what's behind door 1 n door 2. hey its in the same sentence so its one question
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Well Kevin, that seems to be a reasonable question to ask but what if you are asking the guy who is lying? You leave yourself open to being Leo's main course du jour.
    trishan Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 03:36 AM
    Wouldn't you ask one guard if the other is a lier? Seem's a similar situation was presented on the movie "The Labrynth".
    Peyton666 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2007, 10:16 PM
    It doesn't matter what one you ask, but I would ask one of them which door the other guard would say the million dollars is behind. This is because the guard who tells the truth will tell the lie that the other would say and the one who lies will tell the opposite of the one who tells the truth. So with either answer you would no not to walk through that door. Think about it I am not very good at explaining it better but it works

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If you get this joke, you're a GEEK! [ 24 Answers ]

If you get this joke, you are a Geek and you should be darn proud of it! Check out this doormat: http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/front/noplacelike_mat.jpg (If you don't get it, Google it :) )

Joke I liked. What is your comment? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.. this is a joke I chanced by on net. I really enjoyed the joke. How do you rate it? A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. He reduced altitude and spotted a woman below. He descended a bit more and shouted, “Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour...

View more questions Search