Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 2, 2014, 09:49 PM
    HDMI Adapter
    Someone gave my daughter a Blu Ray player for christmas. I went to hook it up to her LCD TV and guess what....no HDMI connector on the TV. The DVD player only has HDMI out and no other options. The TV has RCA Jacks and a coax jack. I've never seen anything like this and always thought LCD had at least one HDMI jack.

So anyway...do I have any options? Is there some sort of adapter to go from HDMI to RCA? Or am I really looking at either forgetting the DVD player or getting a new TV?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 3, 2014, 05:17 AM
    What is the model on the TV? It might have a dvi port on it and you can get a cable that converts it.
    Entomology Expert

Jan 3, 2014, 10:19 AM
    It's a Sansui HDLCD1908....I do see an old style monitor input but it's not the DVI style like on my computer. It does say "computer" or something like that but it's not DVI.
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 3, 2014, 02:09 PM
    From what I have seen on a online manual the TV has S-video and reguler RCA jacks on it. To make one work with the other you will need a converter box.

HDMI To S Video Adapter - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at Nextag

Some examples are here. If what your stating is true that it has a RGB port on it then the above options wont work. S-video should look like a small round circle alittle larger then a ps-2 port for mouse or keyboard on a computer.
    Entomology Expert

Jan 4, 2014, 09:59 AM
    There is an S video input.

I have researched some of those convertors and it seems like they are not only hit or miss but somewhat pricey as well. I think at this point we are just going to do a TV. She got some Christmas money so we will buy a TV and she can contribute to it.

Thanks for trying to help.
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 4, 2014, 11:11 AM
    That is the best choice as she will get a higher quality picture. Have fun shopping and dont forget Tigerdirect and newegg. They often have great prices.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I replace a 12v 1a ac-dc adapter with a 12v 3a adapter? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I replace a 12v 1a ac-dc adapter with a 12v 3a adapter?

Can I use an HDMI cable with a DVI/HDTV component if I buy an adapter for it [ 1 Answers ]

I have an RCA TV with an DVI/HDTV component and I was wondering if I could get an adapter for it so I can use my HDMI cable. Any suggestions?

CanI connect hdmi on laptop to hdmi on my surround sound system? [ 1 Answers ]

I just want to know,if I can hook up the hdmi on the laptop to hdmi input on the surround sound and have it work. I'musing the headphone jack now but it's a sh$#*y connection.

Hdmi [ 1 Answers ]

I am shopping for a Blu-Ray home theater system (family room). I see some systems have HDMI inputs, outputs or both. What is the difference between what an HDMI input vs output does and do I want one with both or one-or-the-other?

Ybpr cables or dvi to hdmi? Or hdmI? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what is best, and I would like to know why? I find the more expensive dvi to hdmi is not as high of a quality of 3dimension on my LCD TV from my HD cable box? The picture is clearer but the characters do not jump out the same as when I am using ybpr.

View more questions Search