Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Taylorgymnast Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2014, 02:13 PM
    Can I do college gymnastics, if I started training at 14 and trained extremely hard?
    I know that I started quite late, but I'm very determined to do gymnastics in college, it's my dream. I started at 14 and I progressed to level 3 in two months. (I have all the skills for level three though). I'm currently a freshmen in high school and I'm doing high school gymnastics (they train 6 days a week/ 3-4 hours each day) for the next 3 years, and I will also be training extremely hard outside of school for summer, spring, and fall. (During winter I will be doing it for my highschool). My goal is to progress 1-2 levels each year, and train extremely hard. I'm ready of any kind of commitment that will help my college gymnastics career. I know many gymnast start early but I'm ready to make any commitment to it. Will I be able to achieve my dream of doing college gymnastics?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 2, 2014, 02:31 PM
    This is better answered by your coach. But if you have the skill to compete on a HS level, then you should be able to compete in college.

The question you don't ask is whether you can get a scholarship to compete. Again, your coach is better able to advise on that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2014, 12:52 AM
    It is not when you start, but how good you are when you apply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 10 year old house trained dog has started pooping in the house. [ 1 Answers ]

Please help my 10 year old dog has started pooping on the landing of my home. Its always in the same place no matter how much I scrub and steam clean he still does it there. Its always outside my bedroom door. He sleeps with my mother down the hall and ever since I moved home after 4 years of...

My Pit Bull is 5 years old and completely house trained but recently started urinatin [ 1 Answers ]

Our pit-bull is about 5 years old and completely house-trained but recently a few days ago started urinating in the house right in front of us without even asking to go out and she is acting a little sluggish-she is overweight. Do you know what could be causing this behaviour?

10 Month trained puppy started going in cage/house [ 1 Answers ]

My 9 month old puppy has been fully house broken for quite a few months. On average he can "hold it" about 7 hours (longer overnight). And he NEVER went in his cage. Over the past two days he has pooed and peed in both his cage and inside the house. All while we are gone. He has not been left...

Getting started with gymnastics [ 1 Answers ]

I was wundering... I'm 15 n I'm in me last yr at skul and I'm wanting to do gymnatics I love it but I need to get started all the skuls I have been to didn't do gymnastics for my age and I'm stuck.. can you help me pllzzz Thanks danielle xxxxx

View more questions Search