Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buddycat19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2014, 12:29 PM
    My nortron forced air electric furnace won't produce enough heat
    I have a nortron electric furnace in my mobile home. It has always worked great, but lately when the temperature goes below -18C it won't heat up to room temperature and runs constantly.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2014, 05:52 PM
    That is understandable. Your outflow BTU is greater than your heater BTU can produce. Unless you have an exceptionally well insulated roof, wall and floor you will not keep the house warm. Mobile homes do not typically have the above noted insulation. Are all walls skirted and well sealed? -18? Hate to see your electric bill. What is the KW rating for the furnace?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric forced air furnace won't turn on automatically anymore [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 18 kw 240 v Nortron single phase electric forced air furnace with a digital thermostat, it has worked great for years on auto or if we manually turned the tstat up it would turn on till the temp we set was reached. Now it won't come on with auto or fan on settings only if I hit the...

Nortron electric furnace [ 0 Answers ]

Just started today ,furnace will not turn on in AUTO position no fan no heat, but will go on in fan ON position { with heat }. Using the thermostat

2 Stage Electric forced air Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone I am currently having a problem with my 2 stage electric forced air furnace. I have searched everywhere for information but to no avail. The furnace is probably a 1975 model... this is the information I have... Lear Siegler (Home Division) Model MEF65 Last winter while I was...

I have a Ruud forced air electric furnace. My furnace will not shut off. [ 1 Answers ]

The fan and heat run continuously. I even disconnected the thermostat wires and it still won't shut off until I throw the breaker.

Nortron electric furnace fan won`t shut off. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello... I have a 4 year old(give or take) electric 25 kw nortron furnace... the fan drops to low when the t-stat tells it to shut off... it stays on forever... only way to shut it off is with main breaker... no switches were tripped or touched... there are three switches on furnace itself......

View more questions Search