Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boo-lou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 07:03 AM
    10 months and no period
    I am 18, and I haven't had my period in 10 months. I have done one pregnancy test about 4 months ago, and I know I'm not pregnant. I just would like to know how bad could this be. Should I see a doctor asap? What could this be?
    bailey629 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by boo-lou
    i am 18, and i haven't had my period in 10 months. I have done one pregnancy test about 4 months ago, and i know i'm not pregnant. I just would like to know how bad could this be. Should I see a doctor asap? What could this be?
    Have you lost much weight? Do you exercise? A big weight loss can trigger that. I would go to the doctor. He may put you on birth control pills to regulate your cycle.
    babydoll365 Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

May 9, 2007, 08:37 AM
    I have the same problem. Hopefully we can both get through this. The only thing is that I am already on birth control. Check my story. Same subject. Question is
    Almost 5 months- no period!! Bye.
    HurtScorpio Posts: 92, Reputation: 23

Jul 31, 2011, 11:52 PM
    Ten months is a LONG time to not have a period and I would definitely suggest first taking another pregnancy test if you are having sex. Then I would say you need to see a gynecologist via Planned Parenthood if you have no insurance and get on birth control so the hormones will regulate it so you will get a monthly period and know exactly when you will get it. It is not healthy to not have a period that long but many people have that especially if you are stressed, gain a lot of weight or lose a lot of weight at once. Worrying is going to make it worse. Please see someone about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 months no period [ 4 Answers ]

My last period was nearly 4 months ago. I have done 2 pregnancy tests and both were negative. I had light spotting once in the last 3 months. I have period like cramps almost constantly and my moods are all over the place. I really don't know what to do. :( Any ideas?

Almost 3 months and no period [ 3 Answers ]

I had previously wrote this on another message. I had been on birth control (orthoevra) for about 2 years. I stopped in August or September of 2006. I have had my period since then, but the last time I actually had it was December 18, 2006. So two months later still waiting, and taking 2...

2 months no period [ 4 Answers ]

My last period begin January 3 it went off and haven't had one since but all 5 pregnancy test turned out negative and I have pregnancy symptoms.:confused:

4 months and no period [ 1 Answers ]

Well this is my first time on here but I don't know what to do.. I am 22 years old, I have had my period since the 6th grade.. they have always been irregular but I always periods just different times in the month. Now I haven't had one since December. I'm not sure why. I'm thinking stress but my...

No period for 4 months [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering, I have not had a period in about 4 months and I finally get it and it last a very long time sometimes a month. What could it be?

View more questions Search