Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leonai Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2014, 07:01 AM
    Why does ex girlfriend reconnect and contacts me after so long?
    I broke up with my ex a year ago though the relationship was already in trouble at the time because I believed she had started losing interest as well. Weeks after the break up she told me that she still loved me, but I decided to remain friends and she took it well and appeared fine with it. 3 months later she asked to meet we did and mostly talked about how we were doing. Weeks later she asked to meet again to talk about us. We did and she said that she wanted us to be friends which was weird because we were friends already and I never said I wanted her back after talking we realized that we both wasn't sure of our feelings to each other and decide to just leave it to destiny.

Fast forward months that followed my feelings for her came back and I wanted her back but did not come out and told her but I guess actions speak louder then words because I tried to maintain contact, she even invited me for dinner twice but I could not attend. After that we had a little argument we both said stupid things I even deleted her on my Facebook. I felt stupid apologies which she accepted and decided to put it behind us. So I asked to meet her she told me that she would get back to me which she did after a week but by then I decided to move on and stop thinking about getting her back so I did not answer her call. What made me change my mind is that I admit I was initiating most of the contacts but she was always there to reply then things started changing I noticed that her behavior had changed she was a bit rude at times and would answer harshly to me teasing her on like before so I believed that she had moved on.

Weeks later she contacted me saying that she was going back to her country for 2 weeks because her grandfather was sick, I ignored, few days later she contacted me again saying that she was at the airport because her grandfather had finally died, so I offered my condolences. She replied saying that she was feeling something strange on me asking why I did not pick her call and said that she missed me a little and was hoping to see me when she's back. I did not reply because at the time I was trying to move on, then weeks later she contacted me saying that I had shown her that I did not want to know anything about her and thanked me.

After few weeks when I felt I was now strong enough I contacted her to see how she was then she asked to meet me for coffe to update each other I told her I would get back to her because I was busy at the time. I ended up not contacting her. The last time I contacted her was 4 months ago on her birthday to wish her a happy birthday I was not expecting any reply and she didn't. I believe by now that she had moved on and is in another relationship because she is extremely pretty, and has literally hundreds of men giving her attention and chasing after her, so I wasn't expecting any of us to initiate contact and believed she had forgotten about me until 3 days ago she sent me a request on Facebook and a message saying that she had not heard any news about me for a long time asking how I was, and saying that at the time she had just landed and arrived from Thailand had an amazing experience and hoped everything was fine with me. Though from the pictures it seemed she went with a colleague I don't know whether they are dating or just friends

I accepted her request and replied nicely and briefly, she replied again but I left it like that. Few days later she posted on my timeline wishing me a happy birthday and said she was hoping to see me soon. Any ways am curious about why is she contacting me after so long to tell me that she had just arrived from her trip and if she is actually dating her colleague and had an amazing time why reconnect and contact me immediately after arriving? We broke up a year ago and been in no contact for 4 months
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 2, 2014, 08:57 AM
    How much longer are you two going to play this back and forth game? You don't even know how to be just friends?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jan 2, 2014, 12:54 PM
    I strongly suggest you meet new people. You`re holding on to the past and you are not able to move forward with your life. Give yourself a chance to meet new people to be happy with. And give that future person a chance to get to know who you are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I map outlook contacts to verizon email contacts? Some imported correctly. [ 0 Answers ]

I've exported my Outlook contacts to a .csv file and imported it into the Verizon email contacts. Some map correctly, and others don't. I haven't been able to figure out any rhyme or reason. I've opened up the file and moved a couple items that seemed misplaced, and shortened some items. Any...

Should I attempt to reconnect with my girlfriend after a year of no contact? [ 7 Answers ]

Back in October, I dumped my girlfriend of 2.5 years for a few reasons. My gut was telling me something that I ignored for too long when the signs were all there. I never knew if she was actually cheating but I couldn't handle the stress of not knowing and being led on. Plus she was closing herself...

How to import contacts from my Outlook 2007 contacts to BT Yahoo contacts? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm hoping that if I can import my list of Outlook contacts into BT Yahoo webmail it might stopping blocking emails from known friends. There appear to be no instructions for importing Outlook 2007 contacts into BT Yahoo/Talk21. I am following the instructions for earlier versions of Outlook, have...

My Ex Girlfriend Contacts Me When She Is Single [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, Here's the deal... I'm currently 24, I started dating (what is currently my ex) when I just turned 18. She was in college and I was in high school. Our relationship started great, we were close, I visited her almost every weekend (because it was easier to hang out in her dorm rather than our...

Girlfriend wants a break but still contacts me [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, This is my first time in these forums... I was hoping some of you could give me a clue to what my girlfriend is doing Me (20) and my girlfriend (17 1/2) have been dating steady for a year and some change everything was going great we never fought or anything we even got along very...

View more questions Search