Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yagrgrl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2014, 02:56 AM
    89 honda civic won't turn over any ideas appreciated
    My honda just died while I was driving... the alternator lioght came on at the same time. I put a new battery in the next day I made it to work and almost back and it died while I was driving again now it won't turn over. If anyone knows what the problem might be would be very grateful ty... ps alternator good and replaces distributor a year ago. Washed engine at carwash a couple weeks ago car hasn't been the same since.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2014, 12:11 PM
    Does the CEL come on for 2 seconds and then go out, when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II)? Do you hear the fuel pump run, during the 2 second interval?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda civic won't turn [ 2 Answers ]

My 1989 Honda civic hatchback will not turn over. The lights and radio will turn on. When I turn the key to start the engine, it sounds like it is cranking but does not sound like it is turning at all, it keeps making one long medium loud sound.

Honda Civic Won't Turn Over [ 1 Answers ]

How's it going? I have a 91 honda civic 2 door hatchback that does not want to fire. It has been off and on for the past year now. I hear it may be the ignitoin relay, or now maybe the main relay, how do you know wich one to replace. The car does everything except fire up? Where is the relay...

My Honda Civic won't turn over. [ 1 Answers ]

My 1992 honda civic (standard tranny) will not turn over. Battery is charged, and manual push start works. Starter is three years old. Crossover spark on solenoid does not engage engine. What might the problem be and how do I remedy it?

85 Honda Civic won't turn over [ 6 Answers ]

First, my knowledge of cars is limited, so forgive me if my terminology is off. I went to start my 85 Honda Civic Hatchback yesterday, and the starter slowly puttered out (crank crank Craaank Craaaaannk... nothing). Now, when I go to start the car, Nothing happens. I can pop the clutch, and the...

89 honda civic won't turn over [ 1 Answers ]

Most of the time it starts.Is now acting up once in a while.when you push clutch to the floor you hear a click and that is all.when you keep pushing pedal to floor it will turn over eventually.Can someone please suggest what's the problem or how to fix this? THANK YOU!

View more questions Search