Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tryoutrout Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2014, 04:36 PM
    Are there any bugs in rugs that bites humans?
    I have bug bites on my body. They have been bitting me, ONLY!! I have brand new carpet, and I still get bit!! IT is NOT bed bugs. Can anyone help me? Thanks, FA.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2014, 05:13 PM
    Have you ever seen the "bugs". Only you get bit and no others?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 1, 2014, 06:35 PM
    Bugs are not the only possibilities, although they may be the easiest to rule out. Trapping some specimens would be your best first step. A simple trap is a white bowl with hot water in it set right beside where you are getting bit (if you can tell where in the house that is). When it has cooled to room temperature, you will be able to tell if there is something to identify. A pasteboard with glue on it (often sold as mousetraps) can be used in the same place as the bowl. Leave it overnight to collect as many specimens as possible. You may need a magnifying glass or an expert with a microscope to get a positive identification.

Other possibilities are rashes from the chemicals in the new carpet, allergies to something stirred up during the installation, skin reactions to the weather, and the list goes on.

To answer the question in your title, yes. They don't normally reside in new carpets however, so try finding out what you have before you poison yourself with bugspray.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do carpet bugs bite humans? [ 14 Answers ]

My husband and I pulled up out carpet in our bedroom and we descovered carpet bugs. These little things were everywhere. Now that there is no more carpet, I found them in our matress. I have recently been getting bit by something at night and we have torn apart out bed looking for bed bugs, but...

Tiny bugs around outlets, bites [ 5 Answers ]

I recently noticed these tiny tiny bugs around a plug outlet in my living room, we have carpet and our air matress popped so we've been sleeping on a comforter on out air matress and I've been waking up with bites all over me! & even when I look closely picked a few off my skin. They're hardly...

Allergic to flea bites, bites cause moles on my skin to irritate [ 1 Answers ]

I'm highly allergic to flea bites (and mosquito bites too!) and when I get bit it causes some of the moles on my skin to become very irritated and itchy. They turn red and some of them even scab over. Not sure what I can do or what this means. Please help! Thanks!

Bug bites... without the bugs and/or bites [ 3 Answers ]

For the past 4-6 months I've been feelin' like I'm constantly gettin' bitten by bugs all over my arms, torso and legs.....altho I never seem to have any bite marks on me...nor do I ever see any bugs on me or in my home. I've tried doin' a search online but I basically came up empty handed, totally...

Mosquito bites or bed bugs? [ 6 Answers ]

?? I need advice! Two weeks ago I was at a picnic and seemed to notice a lot of knats around. Two days after the picnic I discovered over 20 bites on my legs which I had an allergic reaction to. Most of both legs were pink, swolen, and hot to the touch. The bites became the size of quarters. ...

View more questions Search