Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caitlinsnyder21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2014, 01:59 PM
    Dog throwing up white foam and not eating
    Three of my chihuahua is sick throwing up white foam and won't eat and we have been giving them pedialite and water they keep throwing it up one goes to the water and drinks and they are really weak note they don't have there shots what is causing this
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 1, 2014, 02:19 PM
    Your lack of veterinary care is the cause....maybe not directly....

Actually, nobody here can say for sure what's causing it but there is one thing that is pretty sure...they will probably suffer and die if you don't get them to a vet.

Why don't they have shots yet? Have they ever been to a vet?

I know, I know...you can't afford the vet....find a way.

As a pet owner, you are responsible for their care and part of that responsibility is taking them to the vet for shots and overall care...and when they won't eat and are throwing up and dehydrated and about to die, it's a good time to TAKE THEM TO THE VET.

Was I too harsh? You probably think so but I am tired of seeing people with animals that are willing to let them suffer and die slowly. You take the responsibility of caring for a living thing, you need to follow through....and asking on the internet will not cure this no matter how much you ask.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Jan 1, 2014, 04:06 PM
    There is a lot of info missing here, but having that info wouldn't change my answer.
    Your pups need to see a vet.
    Chihuahuas are small and have little reserve, if they are puppies they are at even greater risk for dehydration. Given that it is three and there are more it may something that is likely to spread through the whole dog population at your house. How many dogs do you have?
    I understand that funds may be limited this time of year, but you need to find a way to get them checked by a vet.
    Borrow from family or friends, sell something, call your local humane society and inquire about programs that help in cases like this. Surrender them to someone who has the means to properly care for them.
    Pets are not property, they are a privilege and a responsibility.
    It's up to you to do right by them.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 1, 2014, 11:58 PM
    It never ceases to amaze me that people think they'll find a cure for their dogs illness online. It won't happen, no matter how much you Google, how many sites you join, it won't happen. No vet can diagnose an animal online any more than a doctor can diagnose a human online. It's not possible. Without tests, without seeing the dog (s) there's no way to even accurately guess what's going on.

In other words, if you're concerned you need to take them to a vet. That's the only option. While you're there, get them their shots. That's part of your responsibility as a pet owner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My puppy is not eating and throwing up white foam [ 1 Answers ]

My puppy is 2 months old he is not eating and can't walk I already took him to the vet twice and they said it was colic I thought it was parvo but she said no because my puppy would whimper when she would touch his tummy and his legs and he has no diarrhea only white foam What could it be?

Dog throwing up white foam? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi my name is Amber, I have an 8 month old Australian Sherpherd. 2 weeks ago I had to take him to the vet because he threw up 4 times in the matter of a few hours, he could not keep any food down but was able to keep water down OK. The vet when I took him in said he looked OK after looking him...

My dog is throwing up white foam and not eating [ 1 Answers ]

My dogg is 5 months old a female dogg three days she haven't ate she vomits white foam and is losing weight

My puppy keeps throwing up white foam? [ 16 Answers ]

My 4mo old puppy has been throwing up for two days and he can't keep water or anything down he is throwing up his water and stomach acid I don't know what to do

Puppy throwing up white foam? [ 7 Answers ]

My puppy is throwing up white foamy stuff, what is it? What is wrong with him?

View more questions Search